First, all the patterns were in a filing cabinet, where I flipped through them periodically. I could never find what I wanted and the envelopes where getting dog-eared. I would frequently pull them out and put them in another pile to make but never did. So they would go back into the cabinet and the process would continue. I thought a catalogue of patterns would be a better way to go, so that at least I could flip through and see everything I have easily. So I put the pattern envelopes in a clear plastic holders, and the pattern pieces in envelopes and labelled them with the pattern company's name (or initial for - so M for McCalls, Butt for Butterick etc, V for Vogue, etc.). I then put the plastic holders with pattern envelopes into folders and voila! a catalogue. The patterns themselves in new envelopes went back into the filing cabinet.
|New Pattern Catalogue!|
|Stash as far as the eye can see|
|A very neat and organised stash catalogue|
So now I guess I'm one step closer to organised sewing for my January project