Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Reading for a Lazy Sunny Day


Today is one of those lovely balmy, just right days, where sitting in the garden with a cuppa seems entirely the most sensible thing to do.  Unfortunately, I'll have to go to work later this afternoon, so I better enjoy now while I can.  I do think the sun on pink flowers makes the world look more beautiful, somehow.



I've also cut out my next sewing project - inspired by the colour of the year which Pantone (www.pantone.com) claims to be Emerald.  I have some old cotton drill  that is emerald in colour- probably dating back to when emerald was last fashionable (in my memory, it was the 80's). I've cut out an old pattern which fits me, because I also have to review my pants fitting technique.  I'm in the quest for a perfectly fitting pair of pants to fit my slim hips and bottom, and what is rather inelegantly called thick waist and tummy (that's the term used for rectangular shaped ladies).

I hope to show you these this weekend.

I've also got a new book to study - I want to improve my sewing skills this year, instead of repeating the same old mistakes over and over again. Its rather expensive at AUD $82.00, but that's less than the cost of a good garment.  I'll let you know what the book is like as I go through the chapters.


Sarah Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment