Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sewing the Stash - Big Plans (2)

I think this will be an ongoing blog posting, which will be updated as ideas come to mind.  Of course, I'll also post any completed projects from the Big Plan List.  As well as any others things that get made.

  • Pink cotton skirt (I saw a bright pink skirt on a very grey day recently and thought that I wanted one too - just for those at home moments when a bit of colourful cheer is needed (doing the ironing, or something like that).  I've got some white seersucker that could be made into a tie at the back blouse (quick and simple, wash and wear and all those other qualities that save time - also cool - I find t-shirts or knit tops can be a bit warm when the humidity is sitting around 100%).
  • A lightweight tweed look fabric skirt and Chanel inspired cardigan jacket - the jacket from a pattern I already have by McCall's - a Get Crafty jacket that is really cute but elegant at the same time.
          (will underline the skirt with lightweight silk - in the stash, and line the jacket with silk so wearable in
          the hotter weather.
  • Cotton jean like trousers - in black and periwinkle - again from a McCall's pattern.  I need some smart but lightweight trousers for tween seasons here - where, with cooler evenings, but still sun and high humidity during the day a cotton fabric with some coverage tends to cater to both those conditions.  I also don't have anything casual but smart to go to the supermarket in. 
  • Lightweight Black out of Waffle Weave (already purchased) to go with the jeans.
  •  Anne Klein blouse from Vogue patterns A/W 2012 with ruffle collar.  Fabric already purchased. 
Thats it for the time being, if more comes I will add to this list.

Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment