Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Spring/Summer 2013 - Denim Looks



I was very pleased to see denim on the catwalk - my stash has quite a bit of various sorts of denims, chambrays and what not in it - maybe this is the year to tackle some denim projects.

Miu Miu
Miu Miu

I just love this grown up denim look - contemporary but retro 50's all at the same time.  In Miu Mui's Spring/Summer 2013 collection no trousers are to be seen - a far cry from Miuccia Prada's Autumn/Winter 2012/2013 collection.  As I plan this to be the Year of the Skirt and as I do have some denim in my stash, I think I shall be drawing inspiration from Miu Miu this year.  Time will tell, I often have far more ideas and plans than time will realistically allow.  I think I may like planning and ideas more than sewing - which maybe is how the stash grows!


I want to close this post by talking about the colour of the year - which is Emerald, according to Pantone. (www.pantone.com).  I've already made a pair of trousers in emerald, and also have some cotton sateen in a colour called seafoam.   I was pleased to see Oscar de la Renta using a similar colour for Spring/Summer 2013.

Oscar de la Renta




I doubt I would make this, but certainly perhaps a little skirt and jacket.  If I stop playing with ideas and get on with sewing some of them. :)

All pictures are from www.style.com .

Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment