Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Fitted blouse contest on PR - Blouse finished...





I have finished making my entry for the fitted blouse contest that is being held by PatternReview.com
(For those of you new to sewing, this is the link: www.patternreview.com  ).

I decided to make a fitted wrap blouse with short sleeves.  It also has a collar, which was one of the contest requirements.  I used Vogue pattern V8833.

V8833.
In the post before this one, I have given details about what fabrics I used and construction details.

And by last night I only had the hem and some top/edgestitching to do.  Well, last night time ran out after the evening chores, so I finished these jobs after work today.

I've put the dress on my ancient dressmaker's dummy and taken a photo of the front and back of the blouse.

Here's the front view of the blouse:





Here is the back view:







I am relieved that the blouse looks similar to the pictures on the pattern envelope!

(I think it is also obvious why I planned to wear this blouse over white t-shirts or camisoles!).

The contest requires two more steps to be completed by me. These are to write a pattern review for the pattern used, and the second is to model the blouse.  That is my least favourite part.  Still, needs must, so tomorrow I will finish these requirements.

Until then,

Sarah Liz  :)

10 comments:

  1. The blouse turned out great after all your adjustments. That's a lovely fabric. Don't worry about the modelling, it will look wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elise, and thank you. It is lovely fabric and I will enjoy wearing it.

      Delete
  2. great job Sarah! mine's starting to look like I may had went with a larger size lol!thanks for visiting me over at Nannas Place
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nanna, thank you. Yes, its certainly hard to work out what size to use sometimes.

      Delete
  3. That's a super blouse. Nothing like a white blouse and a girl cannot have too many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gwen. I agree with you - I am going to make another white blouse for Fayes sew-a-long.

      Delete
  4. Sarah Liz, it's really pretty. you inspire me to make a white top! Not that I have any white blouse fabric in my stash yet though... Yet it is such a classic staple top to have in our wardrobe isn't it?

    Also writing to inform you that I am presenting you with the Liebster Blog Award if you'd like to accept :). Here is my post: http://farsland.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-blog-award-and-2013-essential.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Far, thank you, yes it is very pretty - it will come in handy for all those going out sorts of things that usually catch you unprepared - as you siad, a staple.

      Thanks for the Liebster blog award - I'll pop over to your blog tomorrow (it's my bedtime here in this part of OZ) and chat with you about it. I think it will be fun and a great way to meet fellow bloggers.

      Delete
  5. This shirt looks super made up in the white - great work! Off to have a peek around your blog...J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith, thank you - and thank you for peeking around my blog - I'll be peeking around yours tomorrow.

      Delete