Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunny Sunday and Sewing Activities

I am having a lazy sunny Sunday today - a reward after yesterday's sewing.   I have also pledged to do some sewing, or a sewing related activity every day.  So today, I started on my long term "getting pants that fit" sewing goal -which may take me quite some time - I am allowing the whole year to work this process out.   I decided that as the crotch shape seemed to be part of the determinant of the final fitting outcome, that I would try and assess what shape would work best for me.


I'll be writing more about my crotch shape assessment later this week - so stay posted - if for no other reason that for a chuckle!

While I was doing my crotch assessment I was also pre-shrinking some lovely wine coloured cotton velveteen.  It was a lovely sunny day outside, and I wanted to take full advantage of the drying conditions.  I know those of you in the northern hemispere winter must be wishing you had some sunny days too!


I'm off for lunch now with a new friend, who has rather endeared herself to me by commenting that I always look classy.  This quite astounds me, but I suppose it is in the eye of the beholder.

After that, a nice quiet sewing related read - and tomorrow, work, so a simple sewing job tomorrow either before or after work.

And don't forget to come back over the next day or so for my creative crotch shape assessment technique when  all will be revealed (ahem, perhaps not all!!...)

Bye for now, Sarah Liz :)

7 comments:

  1. I'll be following right along with your pant's fitting procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by to say hello! I've finally found you and will follow along as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be lovely to follow each others sewing adventures!

      Delete
  3. oh my word Sarah! that assessment looks dangerous! I have never seen such a tool lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen - don't worry, I am very careful, lol's. I am sure you know what the tool is, just not usually used this way.

      Delete
  4. I have been follow your adventure and enjoying your brave spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lisa! I'm afraid my imaginative spirit can get me into trouble sometimes (not the bad sort, just I sometimes bite off more than I can chew, lol's).

    ReplyDelete