After last week's run of wannabe muslin wadders (total of 3) I decided it was time to break from muslins and actually make something.
(Of course I am still working on the muslin project, and have one made that is FINALLY nearly okay. I'm going to do another of course, and then I think I will have a master shape to work with. I do not easily give up).
These trousers are not quite TNT trousers, but as near as I could get them to be while I was studying. I used McCalls M5239. I can't remember what size I used originally - I've been working off a tracing which has nearly disintegrated.
As I plan to use these trousers for walking holidays and may be wearing thermals underneath, I wasn't too concerned with altering the amount of ease for stretch this time around in any case.
As these were casual pants, I also enjoyed top stitching the zip- I did a double row of stitching:
I also enjoyed top stitching the pockets and did a false flat fell seam on the side seams:
I took pictures of me wearing the trousers earlier today when the weather was quite warm. Unfortunately, only the front view photo is viewable - the others are all very dark.
So, this afternoon, I took this lot to show you the side and back. I also took another front view:
I often wear a black t-shirt for photos, but always with a crew neckline - not right under my face. At least with a lower neckline, the colour of your skin reflects back into your face.
The back view is not too bad:
And here are the completed trousers, worn with my cold weather jacket - I left that open, because it isn't cold here yet...
And: Back View:
That's it for now - have a lovely weekend:-)