Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Busy day sewing...and setting up the other blog...



Every evening for the last fortnight I have come home and wished I had comfy, warm, pants to wear for relaxing.  Come to think of that, I think I said that last year as well.

So I decided to get on with it and  managed to make two pairs of comfy house/lounging pants today.   They are really wearable muslins because I wanted to test a new pattern.  I made them both out of polar fleece. 

I used a leggings pattern as I thought a larger size would just turn out to be slim fitting trousers on me.  I was right.  This was the pattern I used:

McCalls 6173
The pants look better on than the photo above suggests, but as it is getting late here and I haven't had dinner, I'll take a photo with me in them tomorrow.

For those of you in the 2013 Style The Stash Sew A Long the blog is up and running.  This is the link:


www.stylethestashsewalong.blogspot.com

I'll post more tomorrow,

Do have a good day or evening wherever you are<

Sarah Liz :)

8 comments:

  1. Great pants. Love the idea of lounge pants. Must make myself some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, BeaJay, you must - they are so simple to make and it doesn't matter too much what they look like :)

      Delete
  2. Those trousers must be so comforting after a long day! Great idea to make a lounge capsule collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Elise, and yes, we all need "relaxing capsules"

      Delete
  3. Love your new lounge pants.. I love to be comfortable.. I am fixing to make some simple/every day shorts [from the stash.yea!]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy, summer shorts there, and winter pants here! All mixed up. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, like the idea, i will use it during manufacturing of new trousers. Thanks for posting.
    fabrica de chalecos tejidos

    ReplyDelete