Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

My weekly chat and welcome to new followers...


Another week has flown by here and I'm sure it probably has where you are as well :-).

This week I would like to welcome more new followers - Kat (that's the second Kat following), Cindy P and Mezmerina Atelier.  And today, Sharon, who is following me on Bloglovin.

This week I have finished the post on "Guidelines for Form, Style and Colour in 1928".  I thank all of you that said how much you enjoyed this post.  I will try and find something else to post regularly in this spot but I am not sure what that will be today :-)

What's happened this week and what will be happening in the weeks to come:


This week I talked about style personality and colour choices and also talked about colour choices for people who are that elegant age (which may be around 40 and certainly can't be before - the best has to be saved until the second part of life).  Once again, thank you for your comments to let me know that these posts have been interesting, informative and useful.

I will be continuing this series, and will look at body shape next.  Unfortunately, I cannot do that next week as I have things I need to do outside our blogworld - and I also need to draw the body shapes.  It is some years since I have picked up a pencil, so I'll have to practice :-).

*****

Quite a few more of you have decided to join the 2013 Style the Stash sew-a-long.  This is a low key sew-a-long, the only criteria being that you use some of your stash at some point in the sew-a-long.  Some challenges forbid anything but stash, but seriously, although a grand idea, it doesn't work in practice, does it?  Especially with the added guilt element - who needs that?  So, this is to be a feel good sew-a-long, where we all share our stash use with others, and get to know each other's sewing, stashing and style a little bit more.  It will officially start on 1st June 2013.  I'll post details tomorrow.

*****
I've also been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by Mezmerina Atelier.  Firstly, I would like to thank Mezmerina for nominating me.  You can find Mezmerian at mezmerina.blogspot.com   .

I would love to accept, but unfortunately I've already been nominated for a Liebster.  I haven't done all the required nominated others and asking questions.  I'm a little slow in doing these sorts of jobs - my husband jokes that I need everything in writing in triplicate at least twelve months ahead.  Mainly because I'm already working on a list of jobs...you know how it is...

But in nominating me, Mezmeria has done her homework so she can accept her reward, so I'm pleased to help out there. 

*****



Because - I've also been working on my trouser/pants project.  For those of you that have been following this blog for a while, you are probably aware that I am trying to get a basic pants shape that fits - so if you are new to the blog, that is what is going on!  Thank you to Elise, Fay, Dorothy, Carolyn, Rhonda, Bea Jay, Judy, Vita  and Mezmerina.

I've learnt more today, in that I am making up these trousers now.  The alterations just make the trousers look so small, but today I machine basted and they do fit - only I need to adjust again, because these are  cut in a stretch woven.  I think I was worried that they would be too small, so I decided on the stretch "just in case".  So, I have to take them in again.  So, I will have my choccy ginger, and go and start unpicking...

Have a good week everyone, wherever you are and with  whatever you have to do this week.


6 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I could get hold of another colour fan again. I had my colours done in the eighties and I am an autumn. Unfortunately I lost my colour fan at some stage. I think I'm going to have to try and track one down on the internet somehow. Would you have any ideas on how I could find one? If you do, then please let me know on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn, I'll pop over to your blog to have a chat about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are Kats everywhere! Seriously, there are 6 women at my workplace... including two Kats and a Katie :-)

    I like your guilt-free stashbusting idea. For various reasons, I'm trying to reduce my (already quite small) stash. I'm quietly playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat, I'm amazed that Kat (and it's variations) is such a popular name. I'm very pleased you are quietly playing along with the stash busting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deserve many Liebsters!

    Have a few more of those chocolates and good luck with the trousers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mezmerina :) If I eat too many choccies I'll have to make another pair of trousers :-)

      Delete