Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

StyleTheStashSewALong and Winter Knitting

Another week has gone by and I don't seem to have got much sewing done - but then I have been busy organising the 2013 Style The Stash Sew-A-Long which starts on June 1st and runs until December 31st.  The blog is up although it is still under construction you are welcome to post - if you have indicated that you would like to participate please email me with your email address so that I can add you to the blog contributors.  My email is stylishsarah251@gmail.com.  This is the link for the 2013 Style The Stash Sew A Long: www.stylethestashsewalong.blogspot.com.

I've also been working on my knitting - I started a big, warm, woolly cardigan in January because I knew it would take me a while to finish it - by which time winter would be here ( I live in Australia).  I was right, it has taken time, and I've got lots of bits.  I'm working on the collar now, then it will be finished except for all the darning in of ends and sewing up.  Not my favourite job :)

The back
The cardigan is made out of two yarns - I found 5 balls of lovely mohair - not enough to make the garment, so I added another yarn.  In real life the stripes are not quite so obvious.

The fronts - with lots of darning in, and my first ever knitted pockets!
And the sleeves...
I'll catch up with you all tomorrow and let you know what's going to be on the blog next week,

Until then, have a great day or evening wherever you are

Sarah Liz :)

6 comments:

  1. I am ready to begin! I have my project ready to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it - I've got your email and you should get something from blogger telling you what to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm at about the same stage with a cardi - great idea to add together 2 different wools. The effect looks super...J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith, yes it was needs must, but it is working. Looking forward to seeing your cardi in due course :)

      Delete
  4. Ohhh - that jumper looks WARM! I can't knit so am envious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi BeaJay, it will be really warm - I go to the Adelaide Hills sometimes (relatives) where is is really cold.

    ReplyDelete