Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday Chat, Welcome to New Followers, Weekly Blog Plans...

Hello everyone;

This is the time of week I stop and sit down with a cup of coffee and review last week's blogs and write up next weeks schedule. It's also the time of week where I welcome new followers.  This week I would like to welcome Stephen.

*****

Last week I wrote about body shapes and the styles that would work best for those shapes so that the positive aspects of your shape is enhanced, and the negative aspects diminished.  This is an introductory guide only  and from your spirited comments it seems more discussions are needed in the future.  I won't be able to do that next week because I have to work on the 2013 Style The Stash Sew A Long Blog.  But I will return to this subject in future posts.  I am thrilled you enjoyed them :)

*****


 Next week I will have to spend some time working on the site for the stash busting sew-a-long that I am hosting. A separate blog has been established: www.stylethestashsewalong.blogspot.com

This means I will not have as much time to spend on this blog so I am not sure yet what I will post.

For those of you that have said you would like to take part in this sew-a-long, please email me at stylishsarah251@gmail.com so I can add you to as a contributor to the blog. 

If you have only just found out about this sew-a-long (which runs 1st June to Dec) and would like to join, there is still room for you.  Just send me an email or comment below.

Have a great week everyone,

Sarah Liz :)

                                                 




5 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah Liz - thank you for your articles on body shape. I already knew I was a)mature b) petite c) busty and d) a little on the plus side - but I still could not work out my shape. I kept coming up with goblet/lollipop/hourglass/vase as being the closest - but thanks to your artistic renderings, the penny dropped - I am rectangle! If I shave off a scant inch from my hips there is no shape at all - the boobs had me foxed and completely barking up the wrong tree all these years. And your style suggestions are spot on -those are the exact shapes I have always felt god in. Thank you and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mad Possum, the goblet is a sort of rectangle in any case. I'm glad you have finally seen yourself - my drawings aren't the best, but if they have helped you I'm thrilled. Good luck with putting it together in the future - it takes time and there might still be a few hiccups along the way. Don't forget to dress for a petite as well as a rectangle - and if you are a plus, make sure you get the central line through - look at the Oval/Diamond shape. Shake all those ideas together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sarah Liz.. Such a wonderful help.. Looking so forward to June 1st and Sewing up that stash.

    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1st of June is approaching fast now! The stash sewing will be in full swing before we know it. Keeping both blog's going will be a bit of a logistical nightmare - but I know you can do it...J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judith, yes it is - and I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for your confidence in me...

    ReplyDelete