Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

The 2013 Style the Stash Sew-a-Long


Hello everyone

The 2013 Style the Stash Sew-a-Long will start on 1st June 2013.  That will give everyone time to get organised, stash a bit more, work out what to make and all those other interesting stashing before sewing activities we all enjoy.

Participants at the moment are

Far from http://farsland.blogspot.com

(Far would like to make a skirt, jacket and pants)

 Judy from http://sewblessedmaw.blogspot.com
Jenny from http://jennysews2.blogspot.com
Janine from http://janines-sewingspree.blogspot.com
Faye from http://fayessewingadventure.blogspot.com
Mrs Smith  from http://sewcraftychemist.blogspot.com

Dk's wife from http://howzenful.blogspot.com
Ellen from http:// lnsbragbook.blogspot.com
Mary from http://kf-biblioblog.blogspot.com

Others have said that they will participate quietly alongside - that's okay as well.

If you are interested, please let me know.

 2013 STYLE THE STASH SEW-A-LONG GUIDELINES

Runs from 1 June 21013 to 31 December. (I'll organise both a button and where to post pictures and details of your stash garments before Ist June.  Got to learn to make the button first!)

That gives us all  two seasons and also a festive/thanksgiving season.

Each month we will try to make up a garment from the stash.

You can make whatever you like from your stash, or follow a guidelines and suggestions which will be posted for each month.


Can make more than one item a month.

If you don't finish the item, it doesn't matter, finish it and post it the next month.

The main thing is that you are sewing something, and using some of your stash.

And if you only want to make one or two things during the sew-a-long that's okay as well.

You can join the challenge at the start of any month if you are a newcomer to my blog or have just found out about the challenge.

Some of you may want to buy new fabric and make clothes outside this stash sew-a-long and that's okay too.  This is more about stash awareness and making sure the stash gets a look in as well!

There is to be no guilt in this stash sew-a-long, no sense of failure for not keeping some sort of pledge or promise to only sew stash, nothing but stash for a period of time.  I want you to enjoy your stash, and not feel that you have to use it, or that you can't add to your stash if you find something yummy.  You may even need to buy fabric to use with a piece of stash sewing.

Some ideas for stash busting to think about making:

Skirt, Pants, Blouse, Jacket, Dress, Accessories, Xmas/Festive/Thanksgiving/Holiday/New Year outfit

Something colourful, something with stripes/geometric pattern, something floral.

Sundress, Beach Wear, Casual Outfit, Jeans, Nighties/loungewear, Children's clothes


Accessories.

That's enough ideas to start with.  If I have missed anyone out, or you would like to take part or have any queries or suggestion, please comment :)

Sarah Liz

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! and I am in! So needed to clean up my fabric stash to make place for new one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I want to do the same :) Welcome, I'll update the list with you on it with my next update in a few days time.

      Delete
  2. SaraLiz, this is so doable. Just enough push to make a start, without the guilt trip. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all need a little nudge of encouragement, I know I do sometimes :)

      Delete
  3. I'd love to join in. I'm moving house next week but I hope to have my sewing room organised by June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, I hope all goes well, and if you are a bit behind schedule just start when you can. Do you have a blog because I don't seem to be able to link to one...

      Delete
  4. I am in as I stated in a previous post. Looking forward to see what others will be stash-busting through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi SarahLiz. I'd like to join in. Hopefully, the gentle nudging of otjers will get me motivated to start working through my stash. Is it still considered a stash if you have to rent a storage unit to house it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, welcome... I'll add you. I think a storage unit sized stash is certainly a stash - an enviably large one! Look forward to seeing what you make :)

      Delete
  6. ooohhh... still got loads of time to stash a lil bit more ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Far, yes you can, there is nothing quite as satisfying as adding to the stash :-)

      Delete
  7. Would love to join in this with you, SarahLiz! Some of my fabric is just calling out to see the light of day...J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith, you're in, can't wait to see what comes out of the dark :-)

      Delete
  8. I'm definitely in! I thought I posted my intent to join, though things have been hectic (again!) and I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday. =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi L, I may easily have made a mistake, but you will certainly be on the updated list next week. Hope all goes well with what you have to do at the moment :-)

      Delete
  9. I am really looking forward to this. I moved my sewing room to the basement and now I see all my fabric every time I am down there. It is very motivating :-) I have a spring plan on my blog which I will reference from time to time, and some home dec projects, and a cloth book I want to start on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, I envy you your sewing room, even if you do have to share with motor bikes! Looking forwad to seeing your projects come to fruition as the weather gets sunnier :-)

      Delete