I have bits and pieces of polar fleece left over from my warm winter leggings project and am using these to trial this pattern. I will be making the final version in polar fleece as well.
I'm still a novice with using polar fleece - the first thing I made in my pre blog life gave me a few headaches so I vowed never to use it again. Never is a long time in the sewing world, and I have to admit I'm starting to enjoy sewing it.
Perhaps because this jacket went together like a dream. I cut size 12 and it fits me quite well with minimal alterations needed. The princess seams at the back are vertical, and I think they work better on my straight, flat back than the curved seams do.
|The side view|
The only real change I have to make is with the shoulder - that is too long and falling over my arm:
|Move sleeve in half an inch.|
I will also pay more attention to the seams in the final version. In the muslin they are more like 4/8 than 5/8 inch. The resulting fit will be better.
Again, I am really pleased with this jacket - it is working nicely. I'm looking forward to cutting out the real one.
I may try a few more Simplicity patterns after this one - I've never really used them, but I'm wondering if the shape of the Simplicity slopers is better for me than that of some other pattern companies.
I plan to make up some stash fabric in this jacket - the 2013 Style the Stash Sew-A-Long started today. Pop over and see some great stashes - our participants are also posting their plans. The link is:
Happy sewing everyone :)