Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Weekly Chat and Welcome to New Followers






Hello everyone - it's hard to believe the first week in June has already gone - it will soon be time to think about making autumn or spring clothes) depending on which hemisphere you live in.  Of course, some of you live in the tropics, so clothing is more year round.

This week I would like to welcome three new followers to this blog - Carole, Jackie and Mrs Smith.   Also a big welcome to Bloglovin followers, and there are 5 of you - unfortunately I don't know your names as Bloglovin does not always tell me who your are :)

                                   *****
This has been a slightly tedious week as I was recovering from a head cold, and then developed ear troubles and sinusitis.  I kept going with some sewing though - luckily I had chosen to make a very simple pair of pants so that was enough of a challenge for a seedy head.

I also cut out a jacket which I am sewing today - still rather slowly as my head is still sore - a bit of a sew slow, but no doubt the sew jo will return.

Jacket in progress

I also completed a warm woolly cardigan that I started in January - I don't like sewing cardigans up, so this tedious job suited the headspace this week.


*****


 For those of you who are not aware, I am hosting a group sew-a-long for those of us who need a little fun and encouragement to use some of our stash.  You can make whatever you like, but it is suggested that you try and make a garment every month, just to get some momentum in the sewing life of your stash.  We are trying to think about what our wardrobe needs, so we are also styling our stashes into garments we will love and wear.  Pop over and see what's been happening - you'll find some amazing stashes, and lots of garments already made up.  The link :www.stylethestashsewalong.blogspot.com

*****
This week I will do a couple of posts in response to reader's emails.  One will be about my thoughts on making trousers - I now feel I have something positive to say, although I still have much to learn.

The other post will be about how to write a blog. I'm not sure I have it mastered yet, but sometimes all new bloggers really need is the encouragement to get started.  The rest just follows.

*****
That's it for now, please do have a happy, healthy and safe week, where ever you are.


7 comments:

  1. You accomplished quite a bit considering you have been sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably because I have been ignoring all the things I should have done this week and did sit down sewing instead :)

      Delete
  2. Poor sick Sarah Liz!! Steam and Vicks... that's my go to remedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, there is much to be said for that, and for irrigating the sinuses - not so much fun as that lovely Vicks though :)

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to your thoughts on trouser sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Janine, they are not easy are they ?

      Delete