Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Style Transition- My Style Self - The Casual/Elegant Me

I'm sewing a couple of winter skirts at the moment, but my thoughts are now considering my spring/summer wardrobe.  It is only a few weeks away, after all.  I find that unless I have made some clothes for the season ahead, it tends not get done.  This year I am determined to make a few elegant clothes.  I found these pictures and most of the clothes could be made in chambrays and cottons - my lifestyle is too casual and the weather too hot for these beautifully tailored garments, but tailored cotton jacket shirt and full chambray pants may well work for a casual and elegant summer garments.  I have fabric in my stash that could be used for these garments - and baggy trousers eliminate some of the fitting problems :)

Armani - Spring/Summer 2013

Armani - Spring/Summer 2013
 I also have lots of navy drill, denim and chambray weight denims in my stash - and Mui Mui certainly has a lot of this on the catwalk.  I'll pass on the underwear look though.

Mui Mui- Spring/Summer 2013

Mui Mui- Spring/Summer 2013
 And lastly - baggy black pants - I've got black drill in my stash, and lots of black t-shirts.  I've even started a muslin for baggy, pleat front pants :)

Sometimes you think you haven't got anything in your wardrobe to wear - and now that I have to occasionally be seen in office type clothes, I find I have very little.  But inspired by the Mui Mui photos - this is what I found in my wardrobe and what I have put together - for those little talks with accountants and the like.


I've actually put everything in this photo - shoes, wallet, belt and so on.  I'd probably wear court shoes, but they are in a box under something in the wardrobe.  Must get them out. 

If you are looking for ideas, do go to the shops, look at magazines, and then look in your own wardrobe and go shopping there - you might be amazed at what you might find.

Back to sewing now - I'm still playing with trouser muslins - and in between making an A-line corduroy skirt.

Sarah Liz :)


6 comments:

  1. Really Like How U Put The Outfit Together Like That!Very meeting-with-accountant Appropriate ;) How Everything Goes Well On That Regard.I Reallt Like miumiu's Floppy Looking Long Jacket/CoaT. That's The Silhouette Im Going For When IAm To Work On One. ButIt's Too Early In The Year Still To Start, And I Do Have A Coat To Re-Line.... Making GOod Progress On hubby's Shirt. Maybe Tomorrow Night Or The Next DaY I Might Get It Done... Slowly But Surely! No Time To Blog, But I FigurE I Update Here.hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Far - yes, I'm good at putting outfits together, I've just got to learn to sew them :). Forgot to mention, most of the outfit was thrifted. Yes, the 50's inspired coat is gorgeous, isn't it.

      I think you do a wonderful job fitting in sewing and looking after Bean as well :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love your choice of wardobe.I hate shopping so usually I am finishing checking first my wardrobe and very often with a great surprise I am fining all kinds of cloths I forgot I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hate shopping as well - so I keep everything, and then, like you, find it again later - and surprise, can make an outfit out of it, even if I didn't like it years ago :)

      Delete
  3. Love your sewing list.. Looks fantastic..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, now I've just got to get the pants muslins sorted out - as you know, I am working on those :)

    ReplyDelete