Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday Coffee and a Welcome to New Followers

 Sunday already - and I have been sitting down with a cup of coffee and reading a few blogs - something I always enjoy on Sunday afternoons.

I also enjoy welcoming new followers to my blog - and this week it's time to welcome Andrea, Me (Anna) and EbtehhR (I am sorry I do not have your language on my keyboard, I think you may be from somewhere around the USSR).

As you all know, I'm in the middle of a tedious patch at work, but next week should see this thorn in the side over.  So I'm a bit edgy and irritable - that's what happens when you can't get your sewing fix.  I'm sure quite a few of you suffer sewing withdrawals when life demands other things from you :).

I did decide it was a good opportunity to clean my overlocker though.  I have used some fluffy fabrics recently - corduroy and polar fleece - both black.   Fluff was all through the machine.  I use a soft brush to remove it:


The brush is a cheap cosmetic brush - it has very soft hairs and picks up the tiniest pieces of fluff.  Not sure how I got the idea - I never used it for the purpose it was designed for, so I guess I just saw this use one day.

This week I will be quietly working for half an hour each evening on my next skirt, and half an hour each evening on my blog - that should keep me slightly sane.

I do hope you all have a good week, wherever you are and whatever you will be doing...

Sarah Liz

17 comments:

  1. I am glad things will ease up on you after this week. My machine is fixed, and I will pick it up on Monday. Happy dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is where my reply should have gone - must have been tired - so, I'll repeat, thank you, and I am also really pleased for you - I hope your machine runs really well now.

      Delete
  2. Thank you - and I am so pleased for you - I hope your machine runs really well now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Sunday to you Sarah or is is it Monday for you already lol!hope you get your sewing fix soon!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, yes, we are Monday while you are still in Sunday :)

      Delete
  4. Sarah, SO proud your rough work schedule will be over soon..[Nothing worse than not getting your sewing fix,ha]. I have been having lots of chores [other than sewing] that has made sewing hard.. OOOOOH--- It sure makes me sad too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, yes, you know what not getting your sewing fix is like :). Sorry you are also hindered by other tasks at the moment - you are having a run of it as well.

      Delete
  5. Good morning from Oregon Sarah. It is now my Sunday. I hope your coming week is easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the time difference is fun - and thank you for your thoughts :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like great plans ahead for the week - 1/2 hour blocks are doable, and rewarding...skirt should be made in no time...J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, blocks are doable - should probably instigate a more consistent block approach !

      Delete
  7. I need to give my machines a good clean too. It is frustrating when you can't sew. Hope you get over your tedious patch of work soon. I am just coming off mine now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, cleaning and changing needles are tedious chores.
      Glad your tedious patch is near an end - you've been seriously sewing deprived for some weeks now.

      Delete
  8. 1/2 hour blocks sound like a good idea. My July stash project is half finished because I have to shift the sewing machine to set up the overlocker and then put the sewing machine back etc. etc. Surely I can complete it in nine 1/2hr blocks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How tedious for you, having to constantly move machines - is there a solution for this. But the block approach may work well for you. Machine 1 and one block, then machine two and another block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have to move machines for another few weeks and then we move into our new home. I hope then I can have my old computer desk back which is doing duty for the computer at the moment. The computer will get a new desk. Anyway I bit the bullet and shifted everything and am almost finished my pants. Just the waistband and hems to do.

      Delete