I've been making a lot of trouser muslins recently. I usually have a muslin making binge when I have other life activities that preclude the sort of sewing where you have to concentrate. At the moment it is end of financial year bookkeeping/accounting issues, and I'm thoroughly fed up - hope to have most of it done by end of next week.
A year or so ago I also had one of these life patches (probably essays and exams) - and I made up a lot of jacket muslins. I stored them away in a container, and had almost forgotten about them.
I then thought that it would be a good idea to actually document all my muslins on this blog in my muslin gallery. That way I will have a good reference place and can see what I have.
I had four jacket muslins in my container. The first was M5063.
The next muslin is made from New Look pattern 6516 (I'm sorry about the flashlight bouncing off the shiny paper of the envelope).
|Front, NL 6516|
|Back NL 6516|
|Front, Butterick B4665|
|Back, Butterick B4665|
|Classic McCalls Blazer, M6172, Front|
|Classic McCalls Blazer, M 6172Back|
I also have a few trouser muslins still lying around, so I'll document these as well.
The first is a very basic Butterick pants pattern:
I also have a muslin put to one side which was from a McCalls pattern:
While the back of these look reasonable, the front is hugely baggy. Pity, because the contoured band fits nicely. Some people say go back and tweak - all well and good, but first you've got to know how and why to alter baggy pants fronts. So for now, the problem sits in my old muslin container.
And the rest of my trouser muslins sit in a basket, because I plan to make these up over the next few months. Of course I will try them on again to make changes and to see whether I have changed.
I make sure, of course, that I label all of my muslins, so that I know what they are when I finally get around to them!
Have a good weekend everyone.