Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

3 Finished, 1 to Go...

Garments, that is.  I've been busy making those boring basics you need to run errands, go to the supermarket, clean the house and so on.  Everyday clothes.  Casual clothes.  Clothes that are dull to sew and don't make for inspirational blogging.  But necessary in the wardrobe.

Two of the three are 7/8th length pants - one pair navy, the other black.  I made them in cotton drill, using Butterick 5687.

Butterick 5687

Black Pants

Navy Pants
I am also making a wearable muslin out of the black cotton drill - I want to test the pattern and I will be able to wear the jacket after as a summer throw on - once again, for running errands.  I'm using Burda 7559.


I've used the pattern once before and it's quite good. But it has been some time since I did, and bodies change.  I also didn't take self timed photo's of the back, so it may have been awful.  I actually used a cheap cheesecloth, double layered, so it was a sort of cardigan throw on. Hard really to gauge the fit, as it had a crinkle stretchy way of behaving. So I thought I should test it in a firm fabric as a prelude to perhaps making it in a good fabric (one day...)...(maybe...).


 Out of the leftovers of black drill, I managed to make a little skirt. Just a straightish thing, fairly loose, so I can bend, turn, twist, lift bags, vacuum.  Those normal things of life that keep us away from an interesting life or our sewing :)

I am not sure how much stash I have used, close to 5 metres.  I hope to have the jacket finished this week, and then I'll post everything on our stash styling sew-a-long.  We've sewn up quite a few hundred yards since starting in June - if you haven't visited us, do pop over and see what all our talented contributors have made - you will find a gallery for each month (look at the top of the blog under the header.  The link:www.stylethestashsewalong.blogspot.com

Sarah Liz:)





3 comments:

  1. Wow you have been sewing so many items! I'm looking forward to see your jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've been on a great sewing roll! great job on the skirt & the pants!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So productive you are in your sewing. I bet you could teach me something about that! You must look awful cute vacuuming in a skirt :-)!

    ReplyDelete