Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Playing with PicMonkey

Look at that - my three shirts (*New Look 6963)  all in a row.  A collage made at  picmonkey.com

 Most of you probably already know about these sorts of editing suites.  But I didn't.  I thought I would share this with you in case a few of you are as ignorant as me about internet photo editing services.

Blogging is so amazing - take a novice like me who used a computer to complete an online degree, but had no idea how to blog, code a blog button, or how to edit or compose images.

I barely knew how to take a photo - yes, snapshots on holidays, but lots of photo's for blogs was not on my horizon this time last year and  I had no idea how to upload pictures!

So, I have learnt a lot, just be being a amateur blogger.

I have a lot more to learn as well, but step by step, I think, or it would all be overwhelming :).

For those of you that don't know picmonkey, it is a free photo editing site. You can edit your photos, or create a collage.    You can do all sorts of interesting things there - and it is easy to use. You can upgrade if you want to use more features.  The link: www.picmonkey.com

Sarah Liz

10 comments:

  1. I love PicMonkey, I always use that for editing my blog photos. Another good free programme is Picasa which you can download from Google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sam, yes, it's great - I'll have to look into Picasa too, thank you :)

      Delete
  2. thank you, I was looking for something like this :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pleasure - I found out about this site on a blog, so the least I can do is pass the info on to other bloggers.

      Delete
  3. Congrats..
    I love the sewing makes me happy button you have.. so pretty..Did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is pretty, isn't it, but no, I didn't make it. I found it on Beverly's blog and asked her if I could use it. She said yes, she found it somewhere in blogworld.

      Delete
  4. I love this site. It is what I use for my blogging photos. Such a great resource!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I highly recommend Picasa not only for editing photos, but uploading and organizing also. It connects to both Picassa Web Albums or Google+ (which are really the same). I have used Picassa for about 4 years. FREE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Mary, thanks - I've got to look at Picasa as well - other people seem to use it very happily as well.

      Delete