Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What about Scarlett?

Hello everyone - I loved your comments yesterday where you shared your thoughts about my retiring Wonky Jane - and for those of you with tears in your eyes about her - I feel the same way - she is going to a good home.  I will give her to my local charity op shop - she is not so wonky adjusted out for a larger size, I just can't push her all back together again for my size.  I am sure someone who is just starting out will love her.





I also loved all the different names you have given to your dummy.  I also loved the suggestion by Elise that I call this one Ruby, because she is red.  I thought about this for a while, and nearly called her Ruby Red.  That name reminded me of Ruby Wax, the comedian.  That thought triggered another one - what about Scarlett, after Scarlett O'Hara, the female protagonist from "Gone with the Wind"?

So, meet Scarlett.  She is my size around the shoulders, hips and bust, and I have moved her out at the waist.  However, she indents under the waist, so I'll have to make a little padded high hip roll to fill this spot out.

Scarlett's angular shoulders, flat back and flat chest above the bust are quite like mine, so I think she is going to help me with hours of sewing pleasure.

14 comments:

  1. A huge welcome to Scarlett! May she give you many years of fitting your beautiful sewing creations...J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to meet you Scarlett! I think that's the perfect name for her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elise, and you gave me the wonderful idea :)

      Delete
  3. Hope you girls have many great fitting hours together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Scarlet!!

    Hope you and she make lots of pretty clothes..

    ReplyDelete