Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Scary September Part Two Plans...

Just a quick post today - my DH is busy upgrading my computer, and most of my "things" are not yet loaded.  So if I go off the air for a while, that is why.   I'll still be sewing though, and keeping track of your blogs on my mobile phone.  He assures me I'll be back blogging on the weekend, but sometimes it takes longer than he anticipates or he has more demands with his hospital work than anticipated.

Okay, part two of Scary September ( a challenge held by Beverly, AKA "BeaJay" - find her and details of this challenge at www.ontheroadtosewwear.blogspot.com

 Sometimes I buy fabric that is currently fashionable, and don't get around to making it up.  I think I am also a little scared of wearing "on trend" clothes - I'm not a loud sort of person, and don't really like being the centre of attention.   So I am going to face that fear and make up this skirt length of stretch cotton sateen into a little slightly A-line skirt:


And this length of quiliting cotton  into a pair of tapered trousers.  I've got to revisit a pattern that is not quite right for this and get it right:


As DH is doing the medical cover this weekend, I should get some time to make headway on at least the skirt, and maybe even the pants.

And I may even post, if my computer is back, and my camera software is back in !

See you when I can,

Sarah Liz :)

14 comments:

  1. I love these prints. I'm cheering you on as you step outside your comfort zone. Go girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it Sarah Liz! I haven't got on the cotton sateen bandwagon either, mostly because the prints I've seen are loudish florals which are not at all me. Your abstract print will make a great skirt. Can't wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leonie - I agree, most are just too large and loud - I don't know who they would suit, but not you or me :)

      Delete
  3. like that second material, you have nice mix and match collection of black white coming together. Look forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with both of these pieces, and know they will look great when you are done. Stepping out of one's comfort zone is a GOOD thing, and I applaud you. Go Sarah Liz!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great print. That would be great for tapered pants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of the fabrics.. I think they will be really pretty on you.
    Hope you get your computer working well for you.. Have a happy/fun sewing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that your pants pattern works, the second print will be fun to use and wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will use the KwikSew pattern time and again for stretch fabrics :)

      Delete