Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Spring Headache!! And Welcome to New Followers

Hello everyone

It's the first day of spring here - and a lovely sunny day it is.  Having got through winter with no colds, I was a little miffed to find that I woke with a heavy head cold.  And have quite a headache.

I usually welcome new followers to my blog on Sunday - I missed doing this last week, but I'm back to my usual traditions this week.  So I would like to welcome Adele, who is following on the blog, and Mary Beth, Emily and Valerie who are following via Bloglovin.

Speaking of BlogLovin and headaches, lovely Judith  from http://doobee64.blogspot.com.au emailed my today to let me know that my Bloglovin button was going to another site.  When I installed it, I just cut and paste the code that Bloglovin gave me into my widget box.  At that point I had no idea what code was, so I didn't take too much notice.  Anyway, the bloglovin button came up on the sidebar and I thought no more of it.  I don't think I clicked on it, not at that stage knowing the cardinal rules of coding until I learnt to make, code and test a button - always check at the end.

Judith did, and found that it went to another blog.  I checked later today and found the same thing.  So I have contacted Bloglovin about how to  sort this problem out.  In the meantime I have removed the follow me on Bloglovin button.  I have told them that as well.  I dare say in due course when someone reads the message I will get new code and can put the button back up.

Which increased my headache, I can assure you. Chocolate needed...

But for now, I have taken it down as I don't want anyone to go anywhere else - it's not a good look for me or Bloglovin. 

So Judith, I would like to thank you very much indeed for letting me know this.

And my apologies to anyone who has tried to follow me via the Bloglovin button and did not end up following me.

I have learnt a lot about code, but at least I know this is a simple coding issue and not a hack into the back of Blogger job.  I'm up with the people who try and have traffic redirected through Blogger - they are the ones in stats who are not the sites that you know.  Click on them and you will find all your traffic will be redirected to those blogs, and they then have lots of followers to increase advertising revenue.

 Not sure about Bloglovin though.  Why was the code wrong in the first place (yes in hindsight, I should have picked it up, but I had only been blogging a couple of months and was code illiterate at that point.

Oh well, enough of that...off for choccy and coffee, back soon...

It is a lovely day today, and I found lots of things blooming in the garden due to our unexpectedly early spring. 

The garden was fairly basic when I arrived here 10 years ago, but things are shaping up.  I have to work on the house next - it needs attention again.  But not today, today I will share these photo's instead :)

Lovely cliveas in bloom

My daisies are exuberant

And a happy bromeliad in a tree trunk.
Well, I'm off to try and do a little bit of sewing now.

Have a lovely week everyone, where ever you are.

21 comments:

  1. If it's any consolation, I follow your blog on bloglovin without ever having clicked on your devious button--I just entered your blog address on bloglovin and clicked "follow."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KC- thank you, I think there are a few of you like that - I like to keep good relationships with everyone, I think most sewing bloggers are like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are sorting that problem out - and with a choccy and coffee to keep you grounded! I think we all just put our trust into the Bloglovin deal. Lesson learnt by all of us.
    Love the peak into your garden - it looks beautiful. I always wondered if the pictures of the camellia's were from your garden, and now I guess they are. You definitely have a green thumb as will as sewing skills...J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith - I have to admit I don't do it all myself - I have a person in to do the heavy work - things grow like mad here. I do the pretty work :)

      Delete
  4. Happy first day of spring to you. I'm praying for an Indian summer this year,.September doesn't usually disappointment me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have an Indian summer as well - something to warm the bones and cockles of the heart before winter starts.

      Delete
  5. I follow you on Bloglovin too, without any problem, but I'm pretty sure I put your url in directly too, hope it gets sorted out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacq, yes I think most followers have done it the way you have done.

      Delete
  6. Your flowers are absolutely beautiful! I'm always so confused about the differences in our seasons. Guess I need to revisit my old world geography classes(which btw was always one of my favorites). Fall does not official arrive here until the 22nd, so how does spring start on the 1st there? And I find it so awesome that you celebrate Christmas in the summer.

    On a sewing note, I haven't given up on the stash sewalong, my next two projects will be made of fabric that has been marinate in the stash for at least a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faye - I think it is the old system of seasons - always officially start on the 1st of the month. So, 1 Dec, 1 March, 1 June, 1 Sept here. I really think it would be more appropriate to be on the 22nd as that equates with the movement of the sun - shortest and longest day etc. And from that date the earth will warm and cool more.

      Looking forward to seeing your stash busting efforts soon - you have been busy with lots of other projects, I know :)

      Delete
  7. Happy spring Sarah Liz. Glad you found out that the button/link wasn't working. I don't really understand your comment about those who try to redirect traffic. I guess I have some research to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary - Thank you, and I'll try and explain that comment in another post :)

      Delete
  8. I hope you are feeling better soon. Since we in WA have had a return to almost winter-y weather the past week, I'm sorry to say that it usually migrates over to the eastern states a few days after us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - colds are just small nuisances. I shall enjoy this nice weather before the weather pattern drifts across :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely garden, Sarah. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get well soon Sarah Liz! I'm not using bloglovin, so I never noticed (I just have the button because a lot of people seem to use it). You have gorgeous flowers in your garden! Happy spring (though I hope the weather stays nice here as well in the Northern Hemisphere)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elise. I'm starting to use Bloglovin, it took a bit of getting used to. I basically prefer to use the blog - too much social media is just overwhelming. I hope your weather stays warm for a while - you had such a cold start to summer this year.

      Delete
    2. Aw that is so considerate of you, you remembered the cold start we had this summer! You use your favorite blog list in the sidebar to keep track? I haven't thought about that, yeah it works like a reader I guess.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I do ; and Elise, I would rather a small group of followers I can get to know than a whole world of admirers :)

      Delete
    4. PS - and yes I do use the sidebar because at a glance I can see who has posted, and when. I also use the blog updates in Blogger. I'm starting to use Bloglovin on mobile devices because I don't find blogger works as well on them.

      Delete