Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Hello, Welcome to New Followers, and a NEW CHALLENGE!

One Garment a Month- New Challenge starts October

Hello everyone,

Sunday again, and as you know, I always say hi to everybody, and also welcome any new followers to my blog - and this week I would like to welcome Jessie and Sarah, both following via Bloglovin.

As you know, my DH volunteered to upgrade my computer, which was slowly coming to a full stop.  He is also doing the medical cover this weekend - and it is a busy weekend - so I couldn't see when he would  get this done.  The job is started, but  a long way from being finished.  So I have resurrected my old laptop, with DH's help.  And now  I am back blogging!!  :)

DH gave me a Tablet a couple of weeks ago, and I decided to look at that and try and work out how to blog on that.  It's a very different platform (Android).  I could get into Blogger and I worked out how I use it on that format.  Playing around with it,   I accidentally published one of my "not to be published" drafts - only the title- about a garment a month, a challenge. It was a note to myself to start making one really nice garment a month, and not the quick and simple sewing which I have been doing to quickly create a useful wardrobe.  And I couldn't reverse it on the Tablet.  And the mobile phone often freezes when I try to blog - it's okay for comments.

Anyway, some real good has come of this, because it seemed to be a "garment a month challenge - some of you want to do this, so I thought "Why Not". 

We all need motivation, and I certainly find that having people to network with on blogs helps to keep my SewJo up.  So I think my mistake has turned out to be a really good idea  and :

Starting October 1st, the garment a month challenge.   

Please let if you would like to join by leaving a comment for me.

Have a great week everyone,

Sarah Liz :)

21 comments:

  1. Count me in as long as I am not whipped drawn and quartered if I fail.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BeaJay, you're in! And remember with me, no such word as fail:). It will set a goal, and we can all keep working on our personal challenge lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 decent well-fitting garment a month! Well, that sounds doable. Does it have to be just for me, or could it be for any family member??? Personally, my fingers are crossed that you say it has to be selfishly 'just for me'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think all of us would unanimously agree that this is for you Judith - here's to selfish sewing sessions :)

      Delete
  4. I'm in! One garment that stretches my skills, uses new techniques or fabrics. I'll think about what that means for me in October. Either pants or swimmers. I'm still working on my Scary September items.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leonie - yes, this way of sewing is really quite rewarding.

      Delete
  5. I'm in, too! This is a great way to kick off Onerous October!! LOL Seriously. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL's...seriously, this will be fun, some great people to chat too as well. I haven't forgotten about your comment on our other blog - I'll post towards the end of the month and see who wants to continue sewing along with everyone.

      Delete
  6. I'm in too as I am also currently in the quick and simple mode.

    Can I just also add that I love that you welcome each new follower personally. It was a real treat to be welcomed that way myself just recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you aboard - I'll post more at the end of the week.

      I do like to know who my followers are, because it is nice to develop a relationship - I like to get to know everyone and their sewing.

      Delete
  7. Yes please I would like to join in, this will be my first sewing challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats wonderful, Charmel, this is a lovely group of people to connect with as well. I'll post more info on Sunday.

      Delete
  8. Hi everyone, I'll post more information on this challenge next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to join, I need to get back into sewing mode. This sound like a good way for me to boost my work wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and it will be lovely to see what you make, Delia.

      Delete
  10. Count me in too.. Look foward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in Judy, lovely as always to have you :)

      Delete