Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Make A Garment a Month Challenge Weekly Update

Hi Everyone

It's nearing the end of the month and so many of you have already finished some very lovely garments.  I'll be posting these later in the blog.  Next Saturday I will post all the October garments - that will give you a few extra days to post your garment on your blog :)

I also post all the garments in a Gallery so that you can look at all the garments in one spot.  If you look at the top bar of this blog, you will find the Make a Garment a Month Gallery.

I do go around all your blogs to find your garments, but if I miss you, please, please, please do tell me, by email stylishsarah251@gmail.com or by commenting on my blog.

And I know there are some of you out there who have joined the challenge, but I don't know who you are - in which case, again, just let me know...

This week  three new sewers took up this challenge:

Pattywww.sewmuchknitting.blogspot.com

Lisawww.pieceworktreasures.blogspot.com

Judywww.stoneylonesomesewworks.blogspot.com

Judy, Lisa and  Patty have already completed garments - I'll tell you more about them later in this post.


PLANS are still coming in:

Lisawww.pieceworktreasures.blogspot.com is planning to make a  co-ordinated wardrobes, -using this challenge to motivate herself to make garments that work back with each other.  I'll be joining you on that challenge Lisa - it's all to easy to have orphans in the wardrobe, as many of us know :)

An update also from Jolanda: www.jolandassewingcorner.blogspot.com

Jolanda has found this stunning fabric (she has details of where she found it on her blog) and is planning to make a skirt:


JBB: www.foliedemode.blogspot.com

JBB has  found this wonderful fabric that reminds her of Venice.  JBB I visited your blog today.  Unfortunately my webshield did not like Bloggers translation today and blocked it.  While I can read enough French to make sense of your post, I am afraid it is a very long time since I have had to write or speak it.  So I commented, a bit in French, and a bit in English.  


IN PROGRESS:

Mariannewww.foxglovesandthimbles.blogspot.com

Is making a pair of jeans copying a pair that already fit her well.  She is taking a Craftsy course (www.craftsy.com) run by Kenneth King.  She is making progress, so visit her blog if you want to know more.

 

Accordion 3:  ( www.bobbinsbikesandblades.com/wordpress

Has been very busy making this stunning jacket from an OOP McCalls pattern. 


Lisa has plans to also finish this UFO cardigan in her October Challenge:



AND LOOK WHAT HAS BEEN FINISHED:


Mrs Smith: www.sewcraftychemist.blogspot.com :

Mrs Smith : Butterick Jacket 5926.  Sized for knits and made in a knit.
Sew Blessed Mawwww.sewblessedmaw.blogspot.com :

Sew Blessed Maw - Indygo Junction Tunic, made in cottons

BlueSea: (bluesea emails me as she does not have a blog):

BlueSea - Barb Pants from StyleArc made in stretch fabric.


Rachel Comey skirt, V1247:

Kathy's version of V1247, Rachel Comey skirt.



Judy- knit dress made via a Craftsy.com course



Lisa's Leopard print Linen skirt - Burda Style Sewing Handbook


Gaye's Top made out of a locally made (Thailand) fabric



Farhana's self drafted Jean Skirt - first attempt.
Dorothy Dot Dot: www.sewingfunthings.blogspot.com


Dorothy Dot Dot - Jacket and Dress in Knit Fabric
Do pop over to each other's blogs to find out more details...

That's it for this weeks update - next week I will be back with more...

Sarah Liz :)



10 comments:

  1. Look at how much sewing has been done over the last month! Our wardrobes are looking stylish just after one month. I really must get my dress hemmed and finished in the next few days ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's amazing - I don't think we really sit back and think much on what we actually do manage to get done - probably because we also think about the long list of things we still want to make :)

      Delete
  2. MAKE A GARMENT A MONTH CHALLENGE - so much fun and so do-able!
    Love it !!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - some great finishes there. And it is wonderful to be introduced to new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, aren't there just? And agree, great to meet new bloggers :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your welcoming hospitality Sarah Liz! This challenge is so inspiring to see the garments others are making, visit new-to-me sewing blogs and learn more about garment sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure Lisa :-). I'm glad you are finding inspiration, learning and meeting new bloggers.

      Delete
  5. I agree that not only is this a great challenge (and my first ever), it is also a great way to find new blogs. Win-win!

    Thanks Sarah Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Challenges can be fun, and I always make them self directed so you can get what you want out of them. And it is a way of meeting others - I always aim for win-win :)

      Delete