Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

On-Line Fabrics - Australia


Hi Everyone,

This is just a quick post today, and probably more relevant to Australian readers.

Those of you who live in Melbourne or Sydney already probably know about the Remnant Warehouse.  I went there last year, and it is a wonderfully friendly place, filled with nice people and nice fabrics.

They also have a very good website that retails fabrics.  I recently had to break my stash fast when I saw this lovely wool/polyester boucle.  I have been searching for a fabric like that for years - and have now found it.  It was only $14.95 per metre, 150 cms wide.  I ordered 2 metres and they generously cut 2.4.   I asked for standard mail (it's cheaper) and had the fabric in two days. 

Of course, I also had to break my stash fast to research this company so I could tell you all about it too:)

The address is www.theremnantwarehouse.com.au.

The whole process of ordering to delivery was painless and easy. 

So for those of us in more regional parts of Australia - this is a great place to shop, and from the ease of home.  So you can also check patterns and amounts needed at the same time.

That's it for today - my muslin for the garment of the month challenge calls me ...

And for those of you taking part in the challenge - I'll be posting about this again on Sunday :)

Happy sewing...

Sarah Liz


12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sacrificing your stash in the name of research (ha, ha!!!) I will definitely follow your lead and top up my own shrinking stash, all in the name of 'confirming' your research ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good idea - sound research always needs confirmation :) I'm sure you will find plenty to test... :-)

      Delete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! Worth the 'stash fast' break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabric and we love this shop, even hold an ASG meeting there twice a month and I am heading there tomorrow. When I was there 2 weeks ago 2.5 metres of a silk tweed in multi colours followed me home LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great shop - I wish I lived nearby so that I could join you at the meetings. Silk tweed - what a lucky find. Good luck tomorrow ...

      Delete
  4. I try not to go there too often because like Sharon too many fabrics follow me home! But they do have a great range and great customer service. If you ever want to make a swimsuit their range and price is unmatchable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, fabrics do have a tendency to do that, don't they :). I'll remember to try them for swimsuit fabric.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful.. Can't wait to see what you make with it.. Happy sewing.!
    Sometimes...we just NEED to break the rule of no fabric buying..yea,yea!!

    ReplyDelete