Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Make a Garment a Month, November 30, more finished garments...


Hello everyone.

I can't believe another month has gone by so quickly - I didn't realise it was the 30th November today until I looked at the calender.

Many of you have already finished your garments and I posted them last week.  I have also posted any finished garments  in the November Gallery.

This week a few more of you have finished and I dare say one or two more garments will be posted over the next few days.

Here then are this weeks finishers:

Gmarie: gmariesews.blogspot.com

Anna Dress made into a top.
GMarie intended to make the Anna dress, but instead made a top - read all about it at gmarie's blog.

Coco: cocosloft.blogspot.com

Vogue 1306 - little knit top
Coco altered some of the features of original pattern to come up with her adorable version.  Go and find out what she did here...

Chris: https://sewtypical.blogspot.com

T-Gardens t-shirt
 Chris had a wadder with this little t-shirt - go and see what happened  here.  Wishing you better luck with your December garment Chris - and Chris has posted her December plans already!

DorothyDotDot: https://sewingfunthings.blogspot.com

Dorothy's snug new coat

The weather is getting cold in Dorothy's part of the world, and she has made this lovely coat to keep warm - more details here.

If I have missed anyone, please let me know by commenting below or emailing me stylishsarah251@gmail.com.

Next week I will start posting the December plans - some of you already have your plans blogged - and there are some gorgeous ideas on your blogs - lots of patterns I am sure some of us have looked at and want to make.

Wishing you all the best for your December garment...

Sarah Liz






25 comments:

  1. Another great collection of items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done ladies. Sorry Sarah Liz I havent managed to sew an item this month, Will my handknitted socks which are nearly finished pass the challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise, yes, I read you were having a bit of a rest from sewing. Unfortunately, gorgeous as the socks are, they are not sewn - and this challenge is a sewing challenge. Just join in when you are back in the mood.

      Delete
  3. Is December really that close, or are you out by a week (or two?!?) Well, my fabric/dress for December is washed, preshrunk and ready to be transformed ... guess I am just waiting for one of Santa's elves to come and help me ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably out by months, Judith - or so it feels :).

      Good luck with the elves - you may need to send them to a few of us out here when they have finished helping you.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for hosting the challenge. It's so motivating. I can't believe I finished on time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it has helped with the motivation - your dress was quite difficult, so I'm glad you managed to finish it :)

      Delete
  5. Love seeing all the participants and what they made!

    This is such a great challenge - it really cleared up my thinking of what I have more success sewing. Hint: Simple things that turn out right, since I'm not an advanced sewer. Luckily I like simple lines for the things I wear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I think it is great you stepped out and challenged yourself - but it's also great that you know what works for you - and simple lines can be the most flattering sometimes :)

      Delete
  6. Hey Sarah Liz, got my post up today for the November garment. I actually had it finished last weekend but have been waiting on a sunny day to take pics! Here is a link to the post: http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=4068830186338488202#editor/target=post;postID=3873853727603695054;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=0;src=postname

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'll collect the picture and post it with the rest of the November garments later this week - there are always some posted a few days later.

      Delete
  7. So good to see everyone's makes this month. It really has whizzed by fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly has - and next month probably will too...

      Delete
  8. Is November already over?!?! Feels like we only just finished October! Let's hope December sewing can be fitted in around all the xmax whohar! Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is, I can't believe it either :).

      I think if we all stick to simple things this month, we may all get to complete something.

      Delete
  9. This year really has flown by so fast. It's hard to believe Christmas is only a few weeks away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When will this "Make a Garment a Month" begin again? Or can one jump in at any time? Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it's ongoing, so you can join when you like :)

      Delete
  11. Well done everyone who has completed their garments; they're looking good! Unfortunately I have run out of time so I am doing my own challenge! Make a Garment over 2 months!! lol! I am sure I will be able to complete my dress by the end of December..... I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jolanda - I think you are not the only one doing this - it happens- but this challenge is more about keeping going even if it takes longer :)

      Delete
  12. Great submissions all month! I may have missed mine, but I never saw it included. Are we supposed to email it to you? I've been known to miss the obvious haha :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candyce - You are supposed to label the post "Garment of the Month"so I know what to look for. But I may have missed it too :)

      Delete
    2. HI Candyce - my error, I've found your dress - it's gorgeous :)

      Delete