Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Mid week madness...

Hello sewing friends,


Do you have those sort of weeks where events conspire against your sewing time?  I've had one of those sort of weeks - my day off on Tuesday - sort of disappeared.  That's what happens when you work for your husband.  You feel obliged to sort out problems.  And the problem was our phone line was out - and for those of you fellow Aussies, you know what that means.  Yes, hours on the phone, problem not resolved.  Still not resolved today.  Won't be resolved til late next week.  Well, I had to get a little forceful (yes, little Sarah Liz).  We are a medical practice, and that is not good enough.  So, tomorrow, a satellite phone will be delivered.  This is a new experience for me - I have never used one of those, so I better get to the practice early for instructions and to help the receptionist.

And our security system was taken out be lightening in the last storm. Been doing battle with insurance company and organising repairers report and quotes for fixing it.  Yuk.

Moral - don't work for your husband!!!

So last night I was really peeved and worked the mood off in a sewing frenzy.  And finished the garments I started on the weekend.  I'm tired today because it was a late night!

And will have two casual garments soon to show you soon on this blog:

A new pair of casual pants:


I'll press them tonight. I often press cotton on the inside so I don't get shiny marks or seam marks on the outside.  I press any little mid leg wrinkles on the outside very carefully to avoid the same problems.

And a new little skirt - I made it out of the leftovers from the pants, and some leftovers from a project some time back (pre-blog).  Hence the band on the bottom of the skirt.  I'll show you properly when I blog the skirt.


And I had some good news too - I got into a fourth year Psychology program - I am thrilled (if a little unsure how I am going to "do it all").  It's not the program of first choice, but I may get offers from other places where I have applied.  But I am not going to be fussy about this - a foot in the door, is a foot in the door, is a foot in the door.  The bird in the hand, etc.

It will mean I will have to change the Make a Garment a Month Challenge over the next few months - I'll have to set up a separate site that we can all post to.  More on this later....

Take care everyone, where-ever you are...

Sarah Liz


19 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Busy times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news!! Congratulations and best wishes!

    Also can't wait to see your finished pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I will posting them over the next few weeks - I have a back log.

      Delete
  3. That is the kind of week that sees me baking many cakes!

    Wonderful news about the study. Will you be doing an honours year & doing research projects?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake baking would be a fantastic frustration buster - especially the eating of them:)

      Thank you, and yes, this is an honours year, there will be a research project, but I will be doing the course over two years. Coursework the first, year, and the research project will be the following year.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the acceptance of school.So happy for you. Know you will do great!!!
    So sorry about the frustrating week.. I hate, did I say HATE...to deal with those type of situations??? Hope it all gets straightened out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, thank you, and yes, I hope to do well - I've been looking forward to this year because it starts to get more interesting and "nitty gritty".

      I think most of us hate those sort of weeks - sometimes though, you just have to do them, not out of choice :)

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful news! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear re the headaches, but congrats on the great news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Far - it's so lovely having your around again - and this message is all normal font. Have you changed your phone?

      Delete
  7. Congratulations Sarah Liz on getting back into university and so true... a foot in the door is a foot in the door :)

    Ah the joys of working for your husband. My husband and I have had a few businesses and I know what it's like. Sometimes work just never seems to end and the hours can be extra long. Hopefully you'll get your phone working again real soon. Telstra can be such a pain to deal with and it's even more important when it's for a business! Looking forward to seeing your sewing projects. I've made a couple of things for myself that I haven't had a chance to blog about yet either. I probably should start doing some progress blog posts to help keep myself on track and to keep my blogging skills going lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, yes, there is much to be said for being just an employee, I agree :). Looking forward to seeing your posts about your projects too...

      Delete
  8. Congratulations. Having been a mature age student myself with a self employed husband and two small kids I know how much you are taking on. Good luck with it all. Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's not easy, but I don't have the two small kids at this stage of my life - that would really be hard going.

      Delete