Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Sarah's plans, Make a Garment a Month, November...

November is already moving fast, and I am trying to catch up with it :)



I have chosen my project for November, Make a Garment a Month Challenge.   As I am going away for a few days (which means also more work before and after) I decided to choose something simple so that I can make it in the time frame.

I chose New Look 6129, a simple elastic waist skirt with drawstring, with or with pockets and with different length variations.


I am using a very dark navy cotton poplin.  I've made up this skirt before (I haven't blogged about it yet) - and know that this pattern "works" for me.  I plan to do a little everyday while I am here, and then I will easily finish this skirt.

I'll probably do bits of other garments as well, but this is my official choice for this month :)

Looking forward to seeing all your plans - some of you already have them posted.  I'll be doing an update on plans soon - along with posting October garments that are still coming in.

See you soon,

Sarah Liz :)

15 comments:

  1. I love this pattern.. Perfect skirt.. Best wishes on your busy November.Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice for a busy month -- being realistic about my own time frame for sewing is not my strength! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose something simple too. Then I decided to make it with stripes :-( Why do I love stripes so much? Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kathy, stripes - well, you are brave - good luck with your project too :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like a nice skirt. I look forward to seeing it made up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great skirt choice ~ and a personal fav of mine. Enjoy your few days away ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a lovely skirt - and thank you, I shall :)

      Delete
  6. Good idea! this skirt sounds like it will be a wardrobe workhorse...
    I'm also trying to concentrate on sewing things that I will actually wear in my day to day life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be one of those garments :). It's sensible to concentrate on the basics - it can sometimes get a little tedious :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good plan! Look forward to seeing your skirt.... and in the meantime, enjoy your days away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice plan! It looks like a lovely skirt and very comfy. Enjoy your days away :)

    ReplyDelete