Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday Hello, and Welcome to New Followers.



Another week has flown by and we are into November already. 

I love welcoming new followers to my blog, and this week, it's a big hello to Dawn and Marina, who follow via Bloglovin.  And via this blog, Debby, Sharon and Mina.   I don't think Debby has a blog - if you do Debby, I would love to pay a visit.  Sharon does at www.petiteandsewing.blogspot.com and Mina has just started her blog at www.iamsosewphisticated.blogspot.com




This week sees the end of the first month of the Make a Garment a Month Challenge.  I posted the October completers yesterday.  I know a few of you are still writing up your posts, so I'll update as your details are posted.  Some really fantastic garments have been made, and what a fantastic effort you  have all made.

November plans are being posted, and I will post these on an update towards the end of the week.

I have yet to decide my plans:


There seems to be plenty to choose from!  I am not sure which I will choose - as I am going away for a few days, I better do something fairly simple and achievable.  I'll decide and post later...

I've also been making muslins:


Now, I think Judith (www.doobee64.blogspot.com) might know what pattern I am using.  I'll let everyone else know in due course - it will probably be my December Make a Garment a Month Challenge Dress.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all, wherever you are,  a wonderful week...

Sarah Liz :)

12 comments:

  1. You will be the third one of us making this dress! Good for you ~ hope you are as excitingly happy with it as I am. Just watch that centre panel piece on the chest area - you really have to tweak it to your personal preference for too high is old hat looking and too low is, well ..., not the best look either. Enjoy your sewing week ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a gorgeous muslin on - so I am sure the dress will be a great success. Thanks for the hint about the panel :)

      Delete
  2. I recognise that pattern. Looking forward to seeing it made up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize this pattern, too. I'd love to see your version as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to showing you in due course...

      Delete
  4. Wishing you a wonderful week too! I recognise the pattern from Judith's blog and looking forward to seeing yours and the fabric you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris - I'm probably going to go very gamin with the fabric choice :)

      Delete
  5. I know what dress you are going to make. It is a great pattern IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda - I agree with you - you've already made two great versions :)

      Delete
  6. I recognize that muslin too -- someday I'd like to tackle that pattern! Will watch your progress as you start in on it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lovely dress - visit Judith's blog - she has written the first comment today - and you will see a great photo board with lots of versions of this dress made up.

      Delete