Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

My Christmas present...





What a lovely gift from DH - two gift vouchers from Tessuti.  DH said that he thought that one gift voucher wouldn't be enough as Tessuti is quite expensive.

DH thought of this gift all by himself with no prompting from me.  Isn't that clever of him?

My DH is very shy and very camera shy so I can't introduce you to him personally - but he joked today that he was important enough to have a statue made of him.  Then he said, or is it so you remember who I am (he usually works long hours!).

I don't think this is a very good likeness at all - one of his patients made it, and gave it to him - we don't know what to do with it, so it just sits in a corner.  He doesn't look nearly as serious as that - he usually has a very cheery countenance :).  I think he needs a good dusting...(as does the skirting board behind him - on tomorrow's list...).


I do hope you all had a lovely Christmas :)

Sarah Liz





26 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and ENJOY your shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very thoughtful gift, and LOL about the statue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...you taught him well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!! Can't wait to see what lovelies you choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some gorgeous fabrics at this shop :)

      Delete
  5. What a very sweet hubby [to think of this on his own... and to give you two of them, how sweet!!!]
    Look forward to seeing what you buy? Happy shopping.
    What a very nice patient to make this statue of hubby [even if it isn't just like him.. I know it was lots of work..] He must be a very good and liked doctor. My family doctor is one of the most kind and caring men.. I tell him all the time. there will NEVER be another one like him..ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Judy, my husband is a very kind man as well - and I'm sure a lot of DH's patients think there will never be one like him either :)

      Delete
  6. What a great gift! I love that you have a statue of your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of love went into creating the perfect garden gnome for you! Do you have a garden? Bunch of leafy indoor plants? Lots of opportunity here to "dress the doctor". You could have monthly hat for him, keep him at work & provide a conversation point for the patients...

    A lot of love, appreciation & thought went into your gift! It is lovely when spouses understand what we do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are lots of possibilities for that statue :)

      Delete
  8. What a fabulous gift ~ I can see you picking out some yummy fabric ready to sew up a storm in 2014! ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to choose this fabric with great care Judith :)

      Delete
  9. What a perfect Christmas present from your sweet husband! Love the statue! He looks most kind. What fun fabric shopping you will have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Lisa, he is kind, so I am lucky. I will enjoy shopping with this :)

      Delete
  10. Enjoy your shopping. I'll look forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Christmas present and their sale starts today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon, I must look at the website, although I am not in a hurry - I would rather think about what would be best than rush this:). I have until nearly the end of November to use it :)

      Delete
  12. Two - yea!!! Happy fabric buying. And a little dust - piff! Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete