If you want more details about this top, please click here. If you just want to know what pattern I used, it was Kwik Sew 3766, a nice easy to sew, basic tee shirt.
I had scraps left over from the first top, and I thought with a judicious juggling I would be able to eek out another top. I don't like keeping scraps, they tend to take up as much space as the original piece and you invariably don't go back to them. And, I like black and white tops, so I thought a second would not go astray. I did manage a second top, only I had to make the three quarter length sleeves, which I rather like
The fabric is really nice in real life, but I am afraid is just strobing and looking grey in the photos.
It's a poly cotton mix, quite a good quality, which I found at Spotlight. Occasionally you can strike it lucky at Spotlight. It was not cheap, but as I managed to eke out two tops, I think the price sort of worked out more reasonably when spread over two garments.
I added a band to the sleeves and the hem to finish the top. I have learnt that this is quite a good way to hem knits. It looks clean and neat. I thought I had made this method up, then I found out the Sew-A-Holic uses a similar technique in the Renfrew top. I must get the pattern to see what they say about this technique. Still, I was pretty pleased with my problem solving skills :).
I decided to take photographs outside today - I hoped they would be clearer than my indoor poor light pictures. They are not much clearer, but they do look nicer.
Here goes, sort of a front view first:
Then a back view:
These are self timed shots - it would be lovely to have a photographer on hand and proper lighting. But for now it's just me, a Canon PowerShot A480, and a stool as a tripod:
Happy sewing everyone,