Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014


 This is another in my series of quick sew elastic waist pull on trousers.  I used Kwik Sew 2960 as my base pattern:


This pattern is  sized for stretch. I did not use a zip but just added a little more at the sides, and then added a cut on waistband as the elastic casing.    They slip on over my hips quite easily.

These are a fun pair of trousers made out of black and white check stretch cotton sateen:


I am quite surprised by the different hang of these trousers.  It seems to fold, creep and crumple quite easily - my previous trousers made out of this pattern also used a stretch cotton sateen, but perhaps a different brand - and the hang is quite different.  I purchased the fabric at Spotlight - and it is $4.00 a metre more expensive than the ordinary sateens, so I was a little surprised at its tendency to creep around.  However, I also didn't invest much time or emotional energy in these - they were made specifically to have something a little more fashionable to wear while still being casual and very wearable as an everyday pant for home, chores, shopping.

The pictures will tell the story:

Front view:


 Side view:

 Back view:
And that's all there is to tell today!

Happy sewing everyone,

Sarah Liz

34 comments:

  1. I really like these pants, fashionable and stylish. Cotton sateen is a bit unpredictable I find - I made some pants in a Spotlight sateen and they crumble quite a bit too. Quality obviously varies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia - and I think you are right about Spotlight sateen.

      Delete
  2. I like your pants, too. They fit well and pull-on makes them so easy to make and wear. I have heard widely varying reports about cotton sateen. Haven't tried it myself, yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy - I prefer stretch twill, but that is hard to find, so I resort to stretch cotton sateen.

      Delete
  3. I need to find a good pant pattern that fits me. Then I need to make a pair of print pants -- I've caught the bug. Your pants look fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie - yes, finding the right base pattern is not easy. Good luck for when you try.

      Delete
  4. These look good, especially in that fun check.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute. I love the fabric choice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very stylish fabric. Great looking fit. I have this pattern. Hmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen - I find pants quite individual - what suits and works for one person doesn't always work for another.

      Delete
  7. I love the fabric you have chosen for these :)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these. I didn't notice the creep. I think it is great to have pull on pants. I probably should make a couple pairs myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette - yes, do make some easy to wear pants one day - they don't take long and add to the wardrobe basics nicely :)

      Delete
  9. Agree, I like this pant on you too, and especially like the design on the fabric. I've not sewn with sateen, at least not that I know of as I'm still a little 'fabric content illiterate'... but from the photographs, they look like they accentuate your nice slim line in a very flattering way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa - I don't think I've seen you make anything out of stretch cotton sateen either.

      Delete
  10. I love them, Liz. I really need to start making pants too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and good luck when you do :)

      Delete
  11. Love your pants.. Great fit... Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fun pants that you can wear with any basic tops. I'm sure you will get a lot of use from it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice pants!! I love the fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice. Hope the fabric doesn't make them uncomfortable. They look great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BeaJay - and the fabric is comfortable except in the hot and humid weather, which is easing now.

      Delete
  15. They look very smart and chic; and will fit in so nicely with all your black and white tops :)

    ReplyDelete