I made the coat out of a thick red wool that I found in an Op Shop. I gave it a good washing, in the machine. Fabrics have to stand up to wear and tear, and ordinary treatment, as far as I am concerned. No prima donna fabrics for Sarah Liz. It may have felted a bit, but that makes it even better!
It's a simple shape, only side seams and a back seam, no bust darts, two patch pockets and a collar.
This is the back view:
Here are some of the details, first the collar:
The collar is finished inside with bias binding. Unfortunately I didn't do a very neat job at the ends, so I covered my inadequate finish with a fabric rosette, which looks nice inside :
The patch pockets were simple and just top stitched on:
The last picture is closer to the actual colour of the coat - the sun and the flash were washing a lot of colour out.
So that is this weeks garment posted!
Looking forward to seeing your me mades, whether in the MMM14 challenge, or in your sewing posts.