Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A lovely treat recently - meeting L...



I recently had the very greatest pleasure in meeting the lovely L from You sew, girl.   How did I manage that?  well, L was recently on holidays, and stayed in Sydney.  Some lucky Sydney ladies (BeaJaySharonvelosewer and other ladies whom I don't know so well)  had a day with L the weekend before.  Unfortunately, we had commitments the weekend before, but DH took me down so I could meet L.

We spent a lovely day visiting the Art Gallery where I am afraid I gave L a very poor introduction to Australian Art - you can learn bits about history and culture from looking at paintings, and I tried to tell her a little bit about it :)  Also, it is unlikely L would have an opportunity to see these works in the United States.  Of course, conversation wandered far and wide over a range of topics, as well as Art, and of course including sewing (and yes, we are both wearing me made clothes).

L is not only a skilled seamstress but also a skilled potter and she was gorgeous and gracious enough to give me these lovely mugs:




And these absolutely divine ceramic buttons :



The middle buttons are a beautiful iridescent dark grey colour - very, very, pretty.  For now I have put these buttons into my glass bookcase where I keep special things - and one day, I will put them on a special garment.

Thank you L :)
Now, DH acted as the official photographer (and organised lunch and dinner, thank you DH), so here are the official photographs:




And the unofficial ones which we did not know DH was taking - we were having some fun:



Would you believe, we had been so busy talking, we nearly forgot to take these photographs.  As you can see, dusk is falling...

And aren't L's jeans wonderful - hard to believe she made these herself.

Thank you L, for a wonderful day, it was lovely to meet you :)
Sarah Liz

29 comments:

  1. Looks like you had just a wonderful day as we had with L. She really is a talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talented artist and talented in so many other ways too. Yes, it was a lovely day :)

      Delete
  2. How fun! And those ceramic buttons are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! SO JEALOUS!!!!!!! :-)

    Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet you are - I'm always jealous when bloggers meet as well :)

      Delete
  4. Such a great day the two of you had together ~ and those buttons are just gorgeous ... J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Lynn talented. Looks like you had a wonderful day like we did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww shucks! Thanks Sarah! I had a wonderful time with you when we met. Thank you for planning such a wonderful day. It was wonderful meeting you as well. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasure L, it's a pity there weren't a few more days to do some interesting things.

      Delete
  7. It looks like you guys had a lovely day. I saw L picture with BeaJay and Velosewer last day in MMM.
    Ohh... love to see her jeans, it looks so well made, those buttons and mugs are so adorable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't our online sewing community great!! Here's to more meetings IRL!
    I love those buttons too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would love to be able to meet everyone else as well :).

      Delete
  9. I really like the idea of meeting other sewing bloggers. There was one here in the UK which I couldn't attend and another coming up - and I can't go! Too many other non-sewing commitments (read golf! ). Hopefully I'll get to one eventually. Glad you had a great time. Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, blogger's meets are not always right for the timetable - this is the first time I have done this :)

      Delete
  10. It looks like you both had a wonderful time by the smiles on your faces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How FUN! You both look so happy and relaxed, and what a nice husband you have!!! Her pottery mugs and buttons are gorgeous! Our online sewing community is the Best!
    PS I am jealous too.. ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day, and yes, the online SC is lovely, and DH is a good man. I would be jealous too :), in a nice way!

      Delete
  12. Looks like you had an amazing and fun time! Pleased for you! :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was lovely, thank you Dawn :)

      Delete
  13. Looks like you two had a great day.. So happy for you [and Jealous too, ha]
    The cups and buttons are gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did, so thank you very much:)

      Delete
  14. So glad you and L caught up, L is so generous and love the mugs and buttons she gifted you and your DH is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so am I - it's a pity that I couldn't get to Sydney the weekend before, because it would have been lovely to meet all of you as well. Yes, DH is a keeper, I'm lucky :)

      Delete