Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Back and Sewing

Hello everyone

I've been back from Residential School for a few days.  It was quite a long session - 7 full days of lectures, plus 2 days to travel to the University.   Very intense, as there was a lot of new material to learn.  I was so tired that I couldn't do much for a few days - except of course the chores.  And we were told by our lecturer to enjoy the weekend as we had been so busy.  so I started making my Marcy Tilton jacket, which is also my garment of the month for the make a garment a month challenge.

 
I am making the long sleeve version.  Progress was slow over the weekend due to my tiredness, but it is slowly coming together.  I was at work yesterday, and studying today - so I am now sewing  a bit each day - yesterday I made up the sleeves, tonight I will set them in, then the next stage buttonholes, and buttons and finishing.  I hope to be able to show you the completed garment on the weekend.  It does look good...

I've already enjoyed catching up with your blogs, so now I am off to set in those sleeves...

Bye for now

Sarah Liz

28 comments:

  1. SarahLiz, You certainly have done a better job at staying on line while so busy at uni. Your being back at uni is really exciting.
    I'm still getting back to reality from travel.
    Looking forward at your version of this jacket because I'd love to make it too but for Spring. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel is just as exhausting as Uni! Yes, this will look lovely as a Spring jacket.

      Delete
  2. You have been busy, SarahLiz. So exciting you are again pursuing your Uni dreams. Sometimes I do a tiny bit of sewing every day, just to keep the sewing mojo going during busy times. I am sure the lovely jacket will be finished in no time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, little and often is a good way to go :)

      Delete
  3. I am so impressed with the way you are juggling so many different different things! The jacket will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah Liz,
    What a wonderful pattern. I really like the shape of this jacket. You always make such pretty garments that I am looking forward to this one from you!

    Sewing will be a welcome break from all the lectures and studying -- enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie - you are right, sewing is a good break from study :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, makes me tired just reading all you have accomplished! Can't wait to see the finished jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to look great on your petite frame. Rest and relax!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing your finished jacket. I missed the post about your beginning your studies - congratulations. This will be a wonderful thing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so proud of you SL. I admire your tenacity and strength. I'll settle for fewer posts if it means you're following your dream in school. Although, I can't wait to see that jacket! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I won't be able to post much at the moment, but holidays will come :)

      Delete
  9. ... and don't forget to take a breath and relax tonight as well! The jacket is going to look lovely ~ can't wait to see it ... J

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad the residential study went well. Don't overdo it! Your jacket will get finished. Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, I'll take your advice :)

      Delete
  11. Welcome back. Now, take care of YOU, girl. Get some rest.

    Cheers,

    Lyric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and I'll take your advice too :)

      Delete
  12. You have been so busy! and I think it is wonderful that you enjoy sewing so much in your free time. It is very therapeutic and rewarding :) Good luck with those sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sewing is one of those hobbies that is so absorbing, and you have something worthwhile to show for it at the end - and to wear :)

      Delete