Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Two horrible days and then some sewing :)


Hello everyone,

What a funny week I had.  Despite best laid plans, things went a little haywire.  Especially Friday and Saturday.  We had a open book exam that was scheduled on Friday,  -3000 words total over 5 topics.  The questions were available for downloading at 0900 on Friday.

Guess what?  Our phone line went down on Thursday, which meant our internet connection was also down.  I managed to get onto the university website on my mobile phone so I thought I would sort of manage with that.  On Friday, could I use my phone to get onto the website to download the questions?  Of course not - I kept trying, but to no avail.  Would the wireless dongle that my husband installed late Thursday night work on Friday?  Of course not. And apparently the sim card for my tablet was out of date!

Okay, next step - ring the lecturer.  He said he would fax the questions if I had a fax available.  Well, I did, half an hour drive away.  So of I went  to get the questions, and then back to draft the best part of 4.5 questions.

With a sinus headache!

Then yesterday, I edited, added references, in text references, and so on.  Meanwhile, DH organised a wireless modem, and rigged that up. Success, and I could upload the paper at the end of the day and then enjoy some sausages for dinner!  Already planned as they are simple to cook :)

So today I rewarded myself with some sewing - I really needed the therapy :)

And made another cotton top:



Next week I'll wear it for you and take a photo.  I love it, so I think I'll make a second.  White tops are always handy to have.

Now I must go and see what you have all been up to.....

Bye for now,

Sarah Liz :)

24 comments:

  1. You poor thing! Sometimes I think technology is against us when we most need it, instead of making life simpler ... at least it all worked out in the end, and you managed to sneak in some sewing ...love the white top ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it, Judith! I'm glad everything worked out despite the roadblocks.

      Delete
  2. Why do things like that happen, technology just knows when to throw a spanner in the works. So glad you got it all sorted out but sorry to hear about the sinus headache! Your new white top looks very fresh and ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a saga! All's well that ends well, I hope. Nice top. If I could only get to do some sewing - nothing in the way to stop it, really, I guess just lack of mojo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, - I hope so too.

      Sorry to hear about the mojo, it does happen.

      Delete
  4. I do NOT miss grad school. Good for you to persevere, and to reward yourself with a lovely self made blouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't miss it when it's over, either :). Still, I am punishing myself :).

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry about your internet.. it seems like everytime you really need it, it goes out. So proud you were able to get your work done... And got to sew a nice white top.. Take care of yourself, and best wishes with your studies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I often think that about the internet as well - although I love it when it works.

      And thank you.

      Delete
  6. A nightmare situation. And yet, you managed with your usual style. You worked through several creative solutions, did the exam and then cooked a meal!

    The blouse is lovely - you star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are not the best situations for we students!



      Delete
  7. Wow! You are an ace! You are right white tops are always great to have (especially if you are like me and white seems be a magnet for food spills)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and I am like you - white attracts everything that can stain - luckily, you can bleach a lot of stains out.

      Delete
  8. So sorry you had to experience such issues, but you are a trooper! What wonderful therapy...sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sarah Liz!!! You poor thing!
    So glad you like your new top. Looking forward to seeing it on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leonie - I guess you are all too familiar with a students feelings.

      Delete
  10. Glad you were able to work through your problems and get everything done on time. A nice new top is the perfect reward. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One can never have enough white tops imho! Impressed that you even felt like sewing, or doing anything! after all that you went through!!! You must feel good to have persevered and completed that assignment. Hope all goes much smoother in the future for you!
    P.S. Nice looking new top!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm impressed and glad to hear you managed to survive that headache (both of them)! And especially glad that you took time to sew something for yourself afterwards. What a great reward!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you survived your week-some days are just rough!! That white top looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete