Somehow this week I have nearly completed two assignments (one to rework, one to just edit and send upline and made this shirt this week- rather in haste at night, so my technique is not the best. And my technique is never up to best with knits in any case - I'm still getting the hang of them.
The fabric used is a combed cotton, from Spotlight. It's warm and cosy.
The first thing I did was to make a muslin:
The shoulders were too wide:
Then I cut the shirt. I thought it would be an easy sew, but the first thing it did was misbehave. My two front pieces, carefully cut on the grain, and I checked that the knit really was straight, decided to curve in a 30 degree bend. Lots of pulling and tugging later, and I had them straight. Then I recut the neck area. Strangely, it seems to sit nicely now I have finished it, but at first I thought I had an instant wadder.
The only other alteration I made was to raise the top buttonhole, and to use 5 buttons instead of 4. It looks better. I thought I would have a real problem making the buttonholes, but they turned out perfectly - and I didn't even need a stabilizer. I can't easily show you because the flash washes out any detail on white.
Okay, now the views:
I'll take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy and Blessed Easter.
Take Care, wherever you are,