Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Back to Basics 3 - The Last of the T-Shirt Collection


So, the colour is red!  Yes, Sarah Liz wearing Red - usually I make black, white and navy, with the occasional bit of pink or purple.  I'll bet you never thought you would see me in something this bright :).  Just to show I can surprise sometimes...

And, I think everyone needs a red top, for those moments that need red.  You know, when we are feeling less than our best in spirits and need a bit of a lift.

The knit is a combed cotton jersey, once again from Spotlight.  I used 1.4 metres, purchased 1.6 at $11.99 a metre.   This was a big splurge - no trying to eek out two tops from 2 metres this time :).

I used my TNT t-shirt pattern, Kwik Sew 3766.

 

There is not much to say about this last t-shirt - those of you that follow my blog know I have made this up a number of times in the last couple of months.  Knowing that my narrower self fabric band works, I used that technique on this t-shirt as well. 

I'm in a rush today, so I shall just post the pictures and then go and do things that are calling to be done...


That makes up my new t-shirt collection - and a few weeks ago I was so uninspired by the thought of the daunting project of replacing all my old t-shirts.  Now I can tick this job off the list, and I won't have to do them next year :) :) :).

I can't say good bye with my back towards you, so:


Wishing you all well, and Goodbye for now...

Sarah Liz :)

10 comments:

  1. Everyone needs a red t-shirt. It must feel great getting those basics done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red is YOUR color! It looks really great...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the red. You look happy in it. I do love colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should wear red more often.... you soooo suit that colour! Lovely top x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your red tee. My favorite color.. Looks good on you and the fit is great. How is school? Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh red is such a great colour to wear and you will have so much fun with it with your other basics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! I have to make up several warmer weather tops for summer. I also need basics and am dreading it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the red. I agree, every girl needs some red in her wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look good in red! That just means you need more red...hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fantastic in red! So pretty! You've definitely got the tnt top here. Fits great! :)

    ReplyDelete