Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Introducing my Mobius scarf collection.


After finishing lots of t-shirts, I decided that I needed something to go with them. I often can't find jewelry that I like, but do need something to brighten up my appearance.  And that is easy to wear - I can't stand things that get tangled up and need sorting out.  I like things that are neat and out of the way, so I can function without distraction.

So I purchased a few pieces of rayon knit and made a few infinity scarves - the mobius ring type, the never-ending circle scarf.  They only take about five minutes to make.  My scarves are small, as I am small, so I only used about 40 cm width and about 60 cms long, if that.  Accuracy in measurement is not needed with this sort of project, just drape and see what it looks like, and go with that.

Okay, so I made five of these in rayon - one shown above, and four below:






And I made a couple of casual scarves out of cotton rib knit - these are for cool days for when the knitted neck warmers are too much, but you still need something:



I'm really happy about having these in my wardrobe - I have felt the need for these sorts of things for a long time now.  And finally, I have made a selection.

Isn't that the great thing about sewing - you get what you actually want - so satisfying :)

Best sewing wishes to all of you,

Sarah Liz :)

18 comments:

  1. These look good. A quick easy way to dress up your basics. I have always wanted to make an infinity scarf and never have .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I'm sure you'll get great use from them! They're so versatile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in these. They seem so versatile. I've never considered making any but now I really must! I expect I'd need a bit more fabric than you used. I'll have a look for some instructions. Seems like they would also make nice little gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scarves. I keep telling myself I need to make some and just never get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fabric Sarah Liz...and will be a beautiful compliment to what you wear! Yes, with sewing we get what we want and don't have to settle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh very nice, great getting exactly what you want. Lots of options with bonus warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! I made two scarves last year that have been in constant use this year. Such a good thing in a cold office.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice and they have given me an idea for my next make!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like all of your scarves. I wear more scarves now though I have worn them a lot over the years, but I find with more neck wrinkles and such that they work as a piece of jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all really pretty and versatile, Sarah Liz. I have no idea how to make a Mobius scarf. Perhaps you could tell us in another post? Happy sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful .. Love them.. Really such a great addition to your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that you thought about how to jazz up t-shirts and then went and made something!! How delightful! I think my favorite is the black and white rayon one. That will make a black t-shirt sing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea. I love wearing scarves but I haven't tried making my own. Lovely way to brighten up an outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors are lovely and can see you wearing them all beautifully. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all so pretty, and they frame your face in a lovely way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can not say which one is my favorite, I love them all :) Great little projects, easy to make and very useful :)

    ReplyDelete