Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

Back from Six Weeks (Yes, 6!) Abroad.



Before I begin to tell you my news, I would like to thank you all for your lovely comments on my blog posts of the last six or seven weeks.

All these posts were scheduled and the sewing down by the end of July - because I was going away during August and the early-ish part of September  A long way away, the other side of the world.  And I really did not want to advertise that this was the case, because not everyone on the internet is one of my sewing friends and some people are a little on the creepy side.  Enough said, that is not us.  I did let a few of you know, in case you wondered why I was not commenting on your blogs.

Regarding commenting on your blogs - I think I  have caught up with most of you this week. I was wanting to while away, but a combination of poor wi-fi in places and a tablet that refused to comment on blogs was not helpful! 

Back to my news, DH and I visited England, Paris, Poland and Prague.  And this week I have been tackled by the lurgy (which I caught last week in Prague, but I think it is everywhere), and the paperwork and washing and shopping.  Which in turn, I have tackled.  Maybe tomorrow I can start sewing again :).

In the meantime, many of you are probably already familiar with the image at the start of this blog post.  If not, let me introduce you - this is the famous Liberty store in London.  Home to all the fabulous Liberty lawns, and other fabrics, and all sorts of delightful things.  I'll tell you more about this store later.

In the meantime, I shall just share pictures of my purchases of the lovely Liberty cotton lawn. And only one is for me - the other two are for my sister and mother respectively.

For my mother


For my sister

And for me :)
Next week I plan to have a simple top sewn - it was cut out before I went away, because I know that it is hard to get back into the swing of things post jet lag.  So I always ease back in with simple sewing.

And some of you are wanting to know more about my travels, so I shall post every few days to show you a little about  my time away.

It's good to be back and communicating with you all again :)

Bye for now, Sarah Liz




33 comments:

  1. Lovely fabric! Glad you had a good time away. I did my first Europe trip, this year. It was two glorious months. Something so lovely about travelling. I didn't manage to get to the Liberty shop, perhaps next time! I did manage to buy fabric at Portobello Rd markets though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kaitlyn - I would have loved to have had time to do the markets and Goldhawk Road. Glad you have recently had a trip - it certainly expands the mind.

      Delete
  2. Six. Did you say six... OMG. Take me next time. LOL.

    Those are some gorgeous fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to take all my blogging friends - maybe we should all do a blggers trip one day, visiting all the fabric haunts :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome home and I think we all manage to pick up the leggy on our long flights home.

    Gorgeous Liberty fabric and I know I was too overwhelmed when we visited to find a piece for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon - and yes, Liberty can be quite overwhelming. I had to stay focused.

      Delete
  4. What a holiday. Liberty lawn, delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, six weeks! I foresee some interesting posts! Beautiful Liberty lawn, I love the one you picked for your sister. Is she sewing herself or will you make something for her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when you travel from Australia you go for quite a long time, but less often. My sister can sew, so she will probably make something for herself.

      Delete
  6. Ah, Liberty, best thing in London! Welcome home after your wonderful trip, and what beautiful blue liberty lawn you have brought back. I was so smitten with Liberty that I even bought a little cross-stitch of that building which sits in my sewing room. Look forward to hearing of your travels, and hope you get well soon Sarah Liz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia - yes Liberty is a wonderful little shop - even the tea room is lovely. A place to dream, really. I've been to all the big shops like Selfridges (sightseeing) but this is the favourite with me as well. I'll talk more about Liberty in a later post.

      Delete
  7. Oh that sounds like a marvelous trip!!!!

    And the fabrics are gorgeous; especially the one you kept for yourself! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and thanks for the well wishes, I hate being under the weather, eats into the sewing time.

      Delete
  8. Oh welcome home! Interesting, your Liberty purchases, that they are all of similar colour way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and yes, my mother, sister and I all have similar colouring, that's why all the fabrics are similar :)

      Delete
  9. Oh that must have been just lovely! I hope you had a fantastic time! I don't know how you managed to pick only three beautiful blues! I would have needed another suitcase if I was left on my own. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Linda - and yes, if I had my way, unlimited luggage allowance and an unlimited budget - well...

      Delete
  10. Nice fabrics; my favourite is the one you kept for yourself. You look good in blue. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne - yes, that is the most classic fabric of the 3, but then my mother and sister are very different clothing personalities to me. Thank you for your well wishes regarding health :)

      Delete
  11. What a wonderful sounding trip and such lovely fabrics. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine, for your well wishes.

      Delete
  12. Sarah liz, What a fantastic trip. So happy you enjoyed such a lovely one.. and the fabrics are GORGEOUS!!! Know you had fun at Liberty Lawn fabrics.. can't wait to see your upcoming post.. Have a great weekend. Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy - lots more to tell you in the next few weeks. Hope all is well with you and the house project.

      Delete
  13. Wow, what beautiful fabrics. I like the one for your sister best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea - yes, it is lovely, all feathery. My sister is curvy, so it will work for her. And my mother is nearly 90, so I have chosen one that works for her colouring now - and also for emotional reasons - it's a re run of a pattern she used to wear, but in a different colourway.

      Delete
  14. Wow! Such beautiful fabrics. Prague and London are two of my favorite spots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So looking foward to hearing all about your travels and seeing what you make with those beautiful fabrics. Hope you enjoyed Paris and Prague; we have been to both... Old Town in Prague just amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh those are so pretty! Feeling blue, eh? I really love the one for your sister. :)

    I can't wait to hear more about your trip! I never made it to the Liberty store when I was in London, but I wasn't doing anything shopping related, since I was backpacking on a shoestring budget. But I'd love to go someday. It must've been so hard to narrow down your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look forward to hearing about your trip and seeing some photos - welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great trip, and fantastic fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome Home! What a wonderful trip you've been on and YES!!! Please share more about your trip with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete