I used Kwik Sew 2960 again- you will find all my previous posts here. Now up to 9 pairs of pants from this pattern.
This is the pattern envelope - I used version C, but eliminated the zip and added elastic at the waist - so the waistband became my elastic casing. I also raised both the front and back rise. I used size XS from hips down and S at high hips/waist. There are back darts.
There isn't really much to say except I think these look better than my RTW work pants. I'll show you these first and then post my RTW work pants for comparison.
( I think my me-made t-shirts look better than this old RTW one as well - certainly not as much riding up into the middle of the back).
RTW Bengaline Pants
Me Made Bengaline Pants.
My home sewn trousers looks as good as the RTW ones, in fact, slightly better fitted around the hips and bottom.
I'm looking rather frazzled in these pictures - I literally had just finished the pants, and then dashed to the office to do some paperwork, then home to do some housework, and then some packing for going away. So my hair is all over the place, and I quickly decided to take these pictures and post them for today - the day that I am due back from a holiday. In fact, the last few posts were scheduled :). So in a few days, when the jet lag is past it's worst, and unpacking done, the washing attended and the mail sorted, I'll tell you about it. And get back to some sewing, which I can't wait to do :).
And I can't wait to catch up with all you have been doing as well.
Bye for now,
Sarah Liz :)