Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

How many ways do I love Vogue 9067? Now in Rayon...



 This is the third version of the tapered leg pants found in Vogue Pattern 9067:


 This pattern has two styles of pant - tapered with in seam side pockets, and wide legged with no pockets.  Both pants have elastic in the waist - something I am loving more and more.

I have made this version of the pants before in plain  black calico, as a house basic - you know the sorts of pants that are really not meant to be smart, but functional for all those sort of functional jobs that have to be done:


If you are interested in the post for the black calico pants, you will find it  here.

As I knew the pants would fit me, I just went straight ahead and cut them out.  Well, nearly.  I was just going to go straight ahead and cut them out when I noticed that the pattern I though had no nap because it was so squiggly, did in fact have a nap.  The curves only ran in one direction vertically and one direction horizontally.  In the nick of time - I was literally just about to cut - I realised my mistake and re-pinned the pattern pieces.  The pockets are cut in lawn, because I could see that I could just eke out a top from my leftover rayon - if I did not use it for the pockets.  Easy decision :)

And I love this version - it looks so different in rayon - soft and with a nice drape.  I love the cotton version too, but it is just so amazing what a different type of fabric does to the shape and drape of a garment.

Anyway, enough words, here are three quick views:





Well, that's it for today, I am pushed for time - something to do with catching up with paperwork and my tax return and other tedium you don't want to know about.  Which is why I am looking just a little bit wan in these photos.  Life will return...

And to which I have to return...

See you next week, and wishing you all best wishes,

Sarah Liz

36 comments:

  1. Look at you go, on a pant's making roll! These look great! I love the fabric you chose - great print and lovely drape. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, yes, I seem to be - I wear pants a lot, and like different weights for all the sorts of weather we get.

      Delete
  2. These look great in the print. Very nice pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - this is one of those prints that is quite classic :)

      Delete
  3. Fantastic looking pants. I love rayon pants like this... so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I agree, just right for the humid sort of heat.

      Delete
  4. Stylish and comfortable. Double win, Sarah. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look really great, Liz. Lovely print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look very nice on you Sarah Liz and look like they would be great for warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana - this is the best fabric for our humid climate, I think. I'm glad rayon is back on the market again.

      Delete
  7. Great looking pants and good catch with the fabric layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon - I would have been so annoyed if I had noticed the error after making the pants :).

      Delete
  8. Another smart looking pant and very comfortable, what a nice combination. Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane - it's a really nice feel as well in real life :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely fabric. I'm thinking I should try pants like these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne - yes, this is an easy sort of pant to make, and even if you find you don't like them, you will find them useful around the house - comfortable for doing things (perhaps sewing?) in.

      Delete
  10. Lovely fabric. I'm thinking I should try pants like these

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this pants and it looks so pretty in prints :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hana - they look so different don't they in different fabrics.

      Delete
  12. Such a great pattern - and the garments you have made look great on you! I love a pattern that is a workhorse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I - makes up for those that aren't a great buy.

      Delete
  13. I do love a black and white print, and this one is super. Rayon pants really are the business in our climate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia - I agree, rayon is the go - I keep stashing bits I like while they are on the market ...

      Delete
  14. These looks fabulous in the rayon, so fluid. Good call being able to eke out a top !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I usually buy what the pattern suggests but can often cut from less - I often try to eke the fabric out...

      Delete
  15. These looks fabulous in the rayon, so fluid. Good call being able to eke out a top !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful fabric. Great fit.. Looks fantastic on you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy - I don't look good in dresses, pants are more suitable for my thin legs.

      Delete
  17. 'How do I love thee.......' Rayon pants! Quite a lot in fact. These look stylish, and comfortable! Win, win. I hope the draining realities fade back into the woodwork, and you get more sewing time. :-) Me too! TS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello T.S. - of course, love is fickle and I may love this pattern in other fabrics as well, time will tell. Have been meaning to email you for some time, will get around to it soon.

      Delete
  18. I think these are my most favorite pair of pants on you yet! You have definitely found your T-N-T pant pattern and can only imagine how luxurious the rayon must feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa - yes, I like this pattern - and this sort of softer, slouchy cut is still in - so comfortable to wear :) And yes, the rayon is a nice quality one and feels nice. Some are a bit flimsy, but this is just right.

      Delete
  19. I really like the patterned pants on you. The fabric drapes so well and it so interesting looking. The fit is really right for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - this is my favourite pants pattern so far, because it does work for me. The wide leg version does as well...

      Delete