Pages

Monday, April 25, 2016

A Splash of Floral, Vogue 9067 again.



I'm starting to write up my back blogs - this is post 1 of 4 .

Sometimes when it is a little bit between seasons, I am at a loss what to sew.  And certainly at the moment our weather is still quite warm, so I haven't felt like sewing anything for the coming cooler months.

So, pondering what to do, my eyes fell on a piece of stashed fabric that I had never known what to do with ever since I stashed it.  It was the last 1.25 metres of 127 wide stretch cotton sateen that I purchased at Spotlight some years ago.  I loved the roses, but really, there is little you can do with such a large pattern and pattern repeat, especially with a smallish piece.

I suddenly remembered a pair of trousers designed by Dries van Noten some years ago - I don't have a picture.  He had large flowers on his trousers, and didn't bother too much about pattern matching or pattern placement.

So I decided to make another pair of Vogue 9067, tapered pants version:


I have made this pattern up a number of times now - if you are interested, here is a link to all the posts featuring this pattern :http://sarahlizsewstyle.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Vogue%209067

A simple elastic casing, in seam side pockets - which I made out of black poly cotton, a quiet hour or so, and, new pants to wear:




( I didn't realise my t-shirt had so many wrinkles in it :) )

I have to admit to liking these trousers - I think because the flowers are actually colours that suit me.  I rarely find colours that suit me at all - mostly fabrics seem to be in dark and deep colours, more suited to high contrast or darker complexions. Or they are very bright, again, not right for my soft, muted colouring.

Luckily I do have a blue, pink and green t-shirt that matches the blue, pink and green in the floral fabric.  A black cardigan and I will have a flattering little outfit.  It was just too warm to wear these t-shirts when I took the picture - they have long sleeves.

Looking forward now to reading your blogs, 

See you soon,

Sarah Liz

21 comments:

  1. Very nice, I love the roses on the fabric. I think these are very on trend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat tapered pants, Sarah Liz. They will look lovely with the tee to match the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy, I try to make things go with other things.

      Delete
  3. You've definitely found your TNT pattern for pants! And this flowered version looks fantastic! I like the flower print and agree you've got lots of styling options. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - yes, I love this pattern, and really thrilled I made the flowers up :)

      Delete
  4. That slim style really suits you. And I love floral pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The pants look great on you. Pretty fabric as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous, what great fabric. These make for very classy trousers \pants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a versatile pattern. Fantastic fit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like them. Fabric and fit. You're getting a lot of use out of this pattern. A TNT obviously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some patterns are good value, others are decidely not!

      Delete
  9. I like them. Fabric and fit. You're getting a lot of use out of this pattern. A TNT obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty floral fabric. These will look lovely with your tops in coordinating colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - now the weather just needs to cool down and I am ready.

      Delete
  11. These pants are great in so many ways. The pattern has been good to you, the print is really pretty and contemporary, and stretch satin cotton is one of my favourite fabrics, and perfect for in-between weather.
    They look so chic and elegant on you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia - yes, stretch cotton sateen is great around this time of the year, I agree :).

      Delete