It's hard to see from the picture, but this skirt actually has it's kick pleat at the front - if you look closely you can just about see it.
I used McCall's M5336, a long OOP pattern:
I modified the pattern top suit my shape - which basically meant pulling out a pattern that had been previously modified and shaping this skirt to match it. Sort of 8 hips, 14 waist. And I added slanted pockets at the sides of the front of the skirt:
The pleat sits at the front like this:
The pleat did not finish nicely inside - per courtesy of the pattern instructions, so next time I make this I shall finish this area quite differently. It was sort of overlock, cut seam, and fold hem, leaving a raw edge at the top of the split. I covered that with bias binding and then did a block of decorative top-stitching outside so that the fix looked deliberate. I guess the binding and top-stitching reinforce the area nicely:
And of course, a lapped zip, my usual, especially when I can't get an invisible zip to match. A skirt hook and eye closure underneath:
I made the waist quite large, and I think this works nicely, as it sits just a bit down from my waist. I do think it feels comfortable this way.
With no pleat at the back, I do not have to worry about getting the back split/pleat in the right place, something I never quite seem to achieve.
Quick views now:
That's it for this week - a short post, but I am really tired today, and was most disinclined to even write this. But I wanted to put the green behind me, and then move on blogwise to something else!
So, I'll sign off now and wish you well, and see you next week, hopefully a little more chatty than I am this week.
Bye for now,