Butterick 5917, Muslin #2
I have made the first muslin for this dress. Specifically my fitting problems are :
1/. A very upright back which is much narrower in depth than my front (if you run a midline down my body).
2/. A prominent rib cage - even though I am slight, my rib cage is actually quite large. My ribcage measures 32 inches, my bust at it's widest point 33.5 inches.
Most things do not fit - this is in RTW and with commercial patterns. It will take me a long time to work out how to make things fit, but every garment shows an improvement.
Okay, I established with the first muslin that I needed to take out quite a bit from the back:
I also removed an amount from the back skirt section:
I also took in the side seams at the hip.
And have now gone from this (muslin #1):
The back view of muslin #1:
And on the second muslin:
Lets check the side view - this was the original muslin:
And this is the side view of the second muslin:
A vast improvement - front hangs better, and the back looks a lot better.
Now it's time to cut out the fashion fabric...