The fabric is stretch cotton sateen, and I had two pieces, from different dye-lots. I decided to seam the skirt at about yoke level, using one piece of fabric for the front and back yoke, and the other piece of fabric for the body of the skirt. I covered the join with a wide ric rac braid - this will trick the eye into not seeing the different dye-lots when it is worn. It also hides the seam. As you can see, the different dye lots would otherwise be quite obvious:
I even managed to match the ric rac perfectly at the seams (and I did trim the thread away later):
The pattern I used was my normal elastic waist skirt pattern that I use for stretch cotton sateen skirts - I just don't find it is worth expending much effort on this fabric. It's a useful fabric for casual skirts and pants, but not for dressier skirts and pants. The pattern, before I forget, is Kwik Sew 3765:
I found it very difficult to get a good picture of this skirt - the light in Newcastle is quite dim - I remember hiring a photographer to take a picture of me in the middle of the morning in summer, and he had his light meter with him - and there was only just enough light then. My garden also has lots of trees and foliage, so then the sun also has to dodge that! And then the background is sometimes not inspiring - but, oh well, a garage door is a garage door, and we'll leave it at that!
As you can see, this is a fun skirt with the ric rac braid for wearing around the house and for popping out to the post office and local shops.
That's it for now, have a lovely weekend everyone, and wishing you some good sewing time :)