Pants from the Past
Before I do, though, I just want to mention that Hana from velvetribbonsew nominated me for the wonderful BLOG HOP that is being enjoyed by our sewing community. Thank you Hana, I'll do a post soon and acknowledge you again.
Back to the pants!
The pattern is Butterick 5687.
I made the shorter pants on the far right, bottom. I cut size 8 hips and size 12ish waist. I did not need any other alterations - these trousers actually just worked for me! (I did make a muslin, of course, to check).
The fabric used is a cotton drill.
And there are pockets in the side seams - I made these from poly cotton poplin, as I did not want to add bulk.
So, just a nice pair of casual summer gaucho pants, culottes or whatever you want to call them.
Which can't be said for the RTW t-shirt - just look at the wrinkles - my back is straight and narrow, so fabric just pools in the middle - not an easy problem to fix with fitting, but I've mostly worked out what to do - I've only seen one book that has actually said what to do for this problem .
That's it for today - a short post, but I am really tired (and it shows in these pictures - never mind, a good sleep tonight should sort that out!) - I finished my last assignment yesterday, and just have to add some attachments tomorrow, last edit (DH did the proof reading and some great editing for me), and then, that's it..
SEWING TIME AHEAD!!!!