The pattern I used is Vogue8793, a Katherine Tilton design.
And when I say the knit was stretch, I mean stretchy:
Across the stretch (width) un-stretched
Across the stretch (width) stretched
Down the length, the grain, un-stretched
Down the length, the grain, stretched.
This was nice to sew but I knew it would be dreadful to hem. Which it was. I sampled a variety of hems - plain with no fusible interfacing. Another tape which just distorted the hem too much. In the end I settled for a glue type - iron on, peel off the paper, fold fabric over type. Supposedly light weight and suitable for chiffon. Called Heat'n Bond, Lite - I got it from Spotlight.
I don't think I would use it with chiffon - it added a lot of weight and thickness to the hem of my garment:
The cuffs of the sleeves were made in the stable knit - I trialed the main fabric, but it just did not co-operate and stretched all through the seam - it was more distorted and rippled than the hem!
The neckline I like:
Now for the main frieze of photos, the usual front, side and back:
|I'm coming to terms with the rippled hem, sort of peplum-ey.|
|Just as well hi-low hems are in!|
|Small back wrinkles.|
I have not yet altered knits for my shape. I need to lengthen the front and shorten the back above the waist. I have only recently seen this alteration described in an old McCall's sewing book I saw in a second hand shop. It was the alteration for the ideal figure, which I have never considered I have!
I also wouldn't have attempted alterations and a good fit with this knit.
But look at the picture of the model again:
So I have decided to do a model pose:
Wishing you all the best,
P.S. I am at Residential School this week (flying out later this morning!) so I may not be able to answer your comments or comment so easily on your blogs.