Back to Basics 1 - The T-shirt collection
I used my basic TNT t-shirt pattern - Kwik Sew 3766:
I used combed cotton jersey purchased from Spotlight. Again, I had 2 metres of 112 wide fabric ($11.99 per metre). I also had a rib, which although not quite matching, tones in well enough. That meant I could squeeze out two tops. And, as I have learnt - and have blogged about - rib is the best medium for the neckband for this pattern.
I was a little annoyed at not being able to find matching overlocker thread for the seams, because I do like to use matching thread. I had to resort to grey instead, which I know sort of works, but still, it doesn't quite scratch my obsessive itch regarding matching thread. Mind you, this doesn't stop me wearing things, in fact I soon forget just after making the garment. There is always the perfect garment with the perfect thread ahead...
So, here is the imperfect t-shirt :) -
And, just for the record, I really did complete two:
Three more t-shirts to go, and then I have enough to go through a week without washing. The next two t-shirts are going to have to have a modified neckband, as there is not a matching rib to match the fabric I am using. It will be narrower, and about the same length as the neck - which I am hoping will work.
I'm off to find out now...
Good luck with your sewing,
Sarah Liz :)